What is a daily itinerary/timeline like?

injeanious

We are going on the Avalon 7 day Rhine cruise on May 18 on the Tapestry. What is the daily timeline like? Are included tours always early? I am not great with time changes and also need a good nights sleep to be able to enjoy myself. I am concerned with dinner at 7:30, unless I want to go to bed on a full stomach, that if disembarking is very early that I will be exhausted. We generally go on more typical large ship cruises (have been on 9) so river cruising is a first for us. We chose this on our travel agents recommendation since it is a more leisurely pace and we felt the regular cruises to Europe were too aggressive. At home we do generally eat dinner later but I assumed dinner would be earlier on the river cruise if our day starts very early. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

If your cruise is on the Rhine the time zone remains the same. In fact, the time zone throughout Germany is the same. We recently went with Uniworld on the Danube. As I recall, dinner was at 6:30. I don't recall any early morning tours. Of course, Avalon could be different. Call them to find out. Portions of the Rhine are truly beautiful. The upper part of the river doesn't have much in terms of scenery, but the trip is worth-while. We were on it from Amsterdam to Basel several years ago with the old KD line, since purchased by Viking.

The best river cruise we have taken was our first, the Main, Rhine, and Mosel rivers.

Bob :cool:

Thanks Bob! I hope you are right, that our cruise line is similar. I don't know where I had read/heard that the tours are always the first half of the day. I did read in our cruise info that dinner is 7:30 but I'm okay with that if the tours aren't too early in the am. Then again it does say breakfast is 7-8:30 which probably is too early for breakfast for me if I'm finishing up dinner after 9 but I can sleep through breakfast, I dont' want to sleep through a tour.

Archived