Priceline for Port Canaveral question

jas777

Hi everyone,

I was looking into booking a hotel near port canaveral for our cruise on the Glory in Oct.

I live a little north of Tampa, so I could easily drive to the port on the same day as the cruise...but I was thinking that If I could drive up the night before I wouldn't have to get up early in the AM to drive to Port canaveral, I also wouldnt want to risk my truck breaking down, etc and having to rush to get to the port. Also, If the hotel offered a shuttle service to the port, I could save the 70.00 parking for 7 days.

I Drove to Miami from near Tampa last year when we went on a cruise and I was just sooo tired the whole day from driving 6+ hours and having to deal with the stress of finding the port , etc.. Plus this year we are bringing my 3 year old son, and I don't want him to be grumpy because he had been stuck in a car for hours.

I'm a little hesitant to do this on priceline because I do not know what hotel I will get. If I were to use priceline, does anyone know if all the hotels they offer will have shuttles to the port and also allow me to park my truck for the duration of the cruise?

Or should I just go with the radisson there near the port for 119.00? Using that route I will save the 70.00 for parking but in the end pay about 50.00 because of the higher room rate, but have the piece of mind that I got a hotel that will let me park there and shuttle me to the ship.....

decisions decisions....

You won't be able to guarantee either a shuttle or free parking with Priceline (or Hotwire). Some may say that all the hotels that have been reported as having been 'won' offer these features... but you could always be the first to report winning a new hotel.

Jas,

Unless you want a hotel with a pool, check out Quality Suites. That is where I have my reservations for both prior and after the cruise. They have the package deal (you actually drive your car to the Radisson and take the shuttle from there), but their rates are less expensive than the Radisson. They are an all suite hotel which look really nice on line. I hope they are as nice in person as they look! They even have a free continental breakfast in the morning! You tell the hotel clerk when you check in that you booked the cruise package, and they will make the shuttle arrangements for you. I don't know what their prices will be in Oct, but for Aug. 28 my room is $88 plus tax, and on the 5th & 6th, my room is $78 plus tax. AND, I get breakfast, and don't have to pay the $70 to park, or any fees for the shuttle. Needless to say, I'm happy!!:D

Dolores

Archived