Tolum from Cozumel?

Travl Nut

Do you mean Tulum? If so, yes you can. The ship offers a tour from Cozumel to the ruins. It is a great day trip. Be aware though, it is a full day tour so you will not have time to see Cozumel. Also, you will take a ferry from Cozumel to Playa De Carmen. It is about a 30 minute ride and can be quite rough depending sea conditions. Many folks on our ferry were ill on the ride. The ruins though are not to be missed. Our guide joined us on the bus trip to the ruin site and pass along much information before we arrived. We were given a guided tour of the ruin site, then also allowed plenty of time to wander on our own. Upon our return to Playa de Carmen, we had plenty of time to shop and grab a fun drink at Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlies. Enjoy! You'll not regret the trip.

You can but it is a very long day with alot of travelling...better to go if you dock at Playa del Carmen...that said...if you do go bring water, sunscreen and hat as the sun can be really strong.

I did Tulum through the ship. I thought it was great. It was a long day, wish we had known to bring or wear a swimsuit. But we got back to Cozumel in enough time to see carlos and charlies get hair braided and some shopping. But it is a long day. But if it sounds like something that interests you go for it. I would say kids would not appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

We may try this tour through Carnival, but it does not say anything on the description about swimming. Do they allow time for swimming while there? I found a private tour company that has swimming in the description. We are bringing 2 teens who are not real excited about this tour, so it would be great if we could relax and swim also. Thanks.

We may try this tour through Carnival, but it does not say anything on the description about swimming. Do they allow time for swimming while there? I found a private tour company that has swimming in the description. We are bringing 2 teens who are not real excited about this tour, so it would be great if we could relax and swim also. Thanks.

I did the tour with Carnival. We were at the ruins for about 3 hours with some of that including a walk-through tour with a guide. The teens could always skip the tour and go swimming on their own. We had roughly 2 hours after the guided tour to do what we wanted at the ruins.

Archived