Anyone stayed in cabin 8142 on the Legend?

Hi mom, We stayed in cabin 8142 in "03" our friends were in 8140. I don't remember it being noisy or anything bad about that area of the ship. We did like the extended balcony. If you have been on a spirit class ship the room is not different then any other. We have been on all 4 of them and the Legend twice. All are rooms were for the most part identical. I like the decor of the Legend Best of the four.

Have a great cruise... What ports are you stopping at?

We were in 8139 on the Miracle, same room location, just on starboard side. It is a great room, easy access to the Lido deck, and the extended balcony is great. The Lido deck actually overhangs deck 8, and extends out over the balcony, making it a little shadier than some other balconies. You might notice some noise in the morning, as the staff sets up chairs on the Lido deck above you, but we never found it to be disturbing. Overall, a great room and location. Enjoy it!

Thanks for the replies. I am NOT a morning person, so I hope it is not to loud. We all (including my 2 kids) LOVE to sleep in. But as long as it is not super loud, we'll be fine.

cantw82cruise- We are going to Costa Rica, Belize, and Panama. I am SUPER excited about these ports.

Cari

Cari, We did that cruise April of "05" it was one of our favorites. Partly because we love the Legend and the ports were really nice. We did a great tour in Costa Rica with Oscar, I got his info from the port board. We got a nice ride through the city, stopped at a banana plantation, then did zip line over the rain forest.

In Belize we went with another private company that I found on the port of call board as well. We snorkeled at two different spots, had lunch on the beach of a small island before going back to the docks.

Panama we did really do to much, just a little shopping in the protected area by the ship. I thought the canal tours were over priced so we decided to put that money toward a canal cruise some time and see it that way.

I'm sure you will have a great time, Happy sailing

John

P.S. That room is really close to being under the spa and I don't remember hearing any of the chair moving noise like I have on a couple others we have been on.

• 10 years later...

Hey guys we were on the carnival spirit in room 8142. Room in your standard ext balcony room. Issues we found with the room was, bed was hard, but most are on cruise ships. Room 8142 is directly under the pool area, so yes you will hear noise. The other issue is there is a stair case from outdoor, deck 10, too deck 9 above, do you do hear kids running and jumping. Overall it's not a bad room, close to lifts, but no laundry on deck 8 do you will have to go down two decks. If you don't mind a bit of noise from above then you will be happy with this room.