Crown and Anchor cruises advantages?

My wife and I are wondering about the advantages of Crown And Anchor member cruises.

Is there anything special?

Are they geared to Platinum and Diamond members?

Is it better to be a returning member ( gold) on a regular cruise?

so far as a Diamond member, receiving Diamond member luggage tags & gold pins that symbolize Diamond Member that we are to wear everyday on our 5/14/06 cruise to get all the goodies we are do.

Gifts in the stateroom everyday, Diamond & Diamond Plus member (their pins have a diamond chip in them) got FREE excursions. Our 5/14 Scandanavia/Baltic cruise from Harwich UK we got a $76 PP excursion so that is a $156 gift! Execs are on these to meet & greet their Diamond & DIamond plus members, as well as everyone else. They also have had meetings with folks on ideas to make them better, what is missing in the cruising calendar (I am ready with S Pacific - 2 week cruise from San Diego on Freedom when Liberty comes out sooner than going E Carib) & the likes & dislikes of cruisers & RCCL.

Plenty of extra games to win stuff, plenty of extra special food, etc. And they are NOT cheap cruises either.

Then Freedom 10/15/06 sailing W Carib.

I asked the same question in another thread. We are scheduled for our first member cruise in Oct. So far, this is the only response I received on it:

"Don't know if there is a thread but just expect to have some special goodies and special attention from Crown & Anchor. We've hardly done anything BUT Member Cruises since the first one! Love that special attention. Most of our have been longer than 7 days so don't want to build you up with details from them. They can't possibly do as much in 7 days as they do on 10-12 days but they won't disappoint you, I don't believe. There has been a "commerative" gift and other C&A trinkets. Depending on your C&A status, there might be other extras."

I am a Diamond member in the Crown and Anchor. On each cruise we receive a coupon book and some perks that do increase with each level. The higher level you achieve, the more coupons, of course. If you are going to sail RCI on even a semi-regular basis, it will be to your benefit to insure to include you C&A membership number on each booking. Go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com, underneath the picture, select Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program, on the next page select benefits, this page will list the benefits for each level. Also, once you have 10 cruises under your belt on RCI or Celebrity Cruise Lines, then you will have the benefits at that level in both companies. The discounts on higher level rooms are worth the effort, even if you use nothing else in the program.

Rick

Thank you for the info! As I mentioned I had asked basically the same question under "Meet & Mingle" in the Freedom, 15 Oct, 2006 thread! SEE YOU ON BOARD!!! We are numbers 149 & 150 in the Meet & Mingle registration list!

Rick & Denise

I was on The Enchantment Crown and Anchor member cruise in January, and this is what was different from a regular cruise.

There were some extra classes and lessons that weren't available to people who weren't members, such as beading, greeting card making and salsa lessons. They also had raffles at these classes for bathrobes, towels, calculators and some other stuff which of course I didn't win.

Almost everynight there was a goodie in our room, such as a backpack, travel alarm calculator, beach towel, pens, tote and a couple other items.

We are diamond members and we had a free shore excursion in Cozumel, which was a deluxe beach break.

It seems like there were more parties, but this was only a 5 night cruise, it was way too short.

I'm sure there are other things I forgot. The only really negative thing was that the concierge room was crowded, but they did have another room available. Also the Giuseppe, the concierge,was the best!!

Also, it was nice meeting other people who love to cruise!!

Looks like I will be seeing many of you in October.

Archived