fun for teens

valj

Hi, can anyone recommend tours/activities for teens 15 & 19 that are not too "staged". They are interested in gold panning & non flight dog sledding but not if it is too silly. We are kayaking and trying for active things not so much just scenery. We will be in Anchorage,Seward area pre cruise, then jeaneau, skagway, ketchikan .

ALSO....remember reading about Hope. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance:D

Val

5/27 on Sapphire Princess

Rock climbing in Skagway. Teens dig it. If they've done some whitewater before, there's some class 5 stuff in Hope (not for first timers).

There's nothing silly about dog sledding, and there's some non-flight sledding in Skagway as well.

Gold panning in Juneau is okay, but can be a bit silly.

Snorkeling in Ketchikan. I hear it's great.

Seward is a great place for Exit Glacier, Sealife Center, Ididaride dog sled rides, Sunny Cove Kayaking is great for all levels, and if your really active and in shape you can climb Mt Marathon 3,022 feet to the top for an awesome view of Seward. You'll sleep really well that night!

In Anchorage, my 15 yr old like H2O Oasis, a waterpark. We go horseback riding alot at Horse Trekkin Alaska which is located by the zoo and is also in the Toursaver 2-1 book. Alaska Wildberry Factory is very touristy but the chocolate fall is fun and we always leave with chocolate covered blueberries and cherries. YUMMM

We are taking our 2-16 y.o. boys on the ziplines through the rain forest in Ketchikan. They are really excited & have read articles/reviews of it on-line which really got them hyped -up for this excursion. They have a new one in Juneau now also. We had already booked a whale boat trip with Captain Larry in Juneau & not much else in Ketchikan piqued their interest. Here is a link to an article about the ziplines. Your kids could google it and find more & let you know if this is for them. You do have to book through the cruiselines not independant unless they have room day of. I (Mom) am doing it too so I am getting cool points to boot! :) www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8645301/

http://www.southeastexposure.com/rainforest-ropes-and-zip-challenge.html

I am taking my boys to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan and I let them pick the shore excursion in Ketchikan and after looking at kayaking and the zip-line, they decided on the Adventure Kart Expedition. They are old enough to drive, so I'll be able to sit back ( and hold on!) and enjoy the ride and I hear the scenery is beautiful.

Cathy

Thanks Everybody!

We are doing the Kayaks in Ketch. which prevents us from also doing the zip lines. i know the one in Jeaneau is new so wondering if it is as good as the other. The rock climbing sounds really interesting..I'll try to find out more. Glacier lady we have several of the things you mentioned already on our schedule, there must be tons of good stuff in Seward to do. I guess since no one said much about gold panning it is all kind of hokey, huh? All you adventurous parents get points in my book...my 15 yo DS only seems to have 1 speed ....wide open. I guess we'll skip the ATV's:D

Val

Archived