Vancouver - Canada Place questions

jpcalgary

My family and I are sailing NCL Sun this Sunday (June 27) and have a few questions...

Is there anywhere to store luggage at Canada Place for a few hours before boarding? We arrive in Vancouver 6 hours before we are able to get on the ship.

Are there any sights near Canada Place that we can take in during this 6 hour time?

Is anyone aware of a grocery store in the area that we could pick up pop and water, so that we do not have to carry it on our flight?

As we have so much time, we are considering taking public transit from Vancouver Airport to Canada Place to save a few dollars. Has anyone ever tried this option?

Thanks!

Julie

Calgary, Alberta

Julie,

We were just in Vancouver for a day. At the back of Canada Place is an Imax theatre. There are 3 or 4 different shows running. We saw the Alaska show. Very good - mostly focused on Alaskan wildlife. Beautiful and well done movie.

Enjoy your cruise-

Ginny

I'm from the city, and there's tons to see and do around Canada Place in downtown. Up a few blocks, is Robson Street, where you can go and check out the city's shopping district. There's also Pacific Centre mall. You can also take a taxi to Stanley Park. As me@sea says, there are tons of nearby stores that you can pick up some groceries/pop and water if needed.

I'm not sure if there's any place at Canada Place to store luggage before boarding. I think you may have to carry it around with you.

Just give your bags to the ship porters. They are there early for acceptance of ship luggage. I have done this by 9am myself. Be sure to tip. :) and have the bags properly tagged. For carry ons there is baggage storage at Canada Place. http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/otherServices.html

Archived