Pre-SUN Vancouver

darlong

Good Mornin' there Cruisers...

Or in our case pre-cruisers...

WE flew in from Ontario yesterday. We grabbed 2 limos (arrange at the info desk on arrivals level after you collect your bags) and for 39.00 per car (each car seats up to 6) rode in style to our hotel.

We booked the new Best Western Downtown on Drake. The rooms are great, mini kitchen and comfy beds and glorius view including the mountains in the distance. ON the top (12th floor) there is a rooftop spa with jacuzzi, sauna, workout room, and ping pong.

It was pretty reasonable considering it is downtown and it has a shuttle bus.

Tomorrow we board the Sun. It is pleasant about 21C (70 F) locally and Vancouver appears to be a culturally diverse bustling place. The approach reminded me a little of Hong Kong. Caught a glorious length view of the mountains flying in...don't miss that. : )

We mau get to Stanley Park today...maybe check out the Space Center or to Victoria for a whale watching tour (Orcas!)

Just checking in! Glad to hear the POA PX are enjoying themselves.

More later...

Dar and the travelling Browncoats...

Darlong-- Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Can you check something out for me? Check in the computer lab and see if you can download digital pictures to a disc during the cruise. We are booked on the Sun next April for the 17 day Panama repositioning cruise out of Miami. Thanks so much.

Yep...that is correct. You purcgase the ticket at the info desk right off the area you pick up your luggage. We booked both to the hotel and the pick up after the cruise. For after the cruise they give you a card and you can either walk off the ship, grab a luggage cart and haul yourself up to the Pan Pacific hotel level where you then call the number on the card and they dispatch a limo (which is circling the area) to pick you up outside the Pan Pacific...for 39.00 - 6 pax.

If you want them to come right to the cruiseport level and meet you it is 51.00 (they get charged a lot just to enter that section...)

The number is:

Limojet

273-1331 (reservations and dispatch)

And I absolutely will check out the tech facilities. : )

I'll be checking back frequently...if there is anything else...let me know. : )

Oh anybody seen Grouchy around? She hails from around here and I believe I owe that lady a Margarita...: )

We have used Limojet before and they were great. About going up to the Pan Pacific though - you may not be able to take the luggage cart up. There is a sign that says no luggage carts past a certain point, and there is ocassionaly someone there to enforce it. Just be prepared to walk up a bit of a steep ramp with all of your luggage in order to get in front of the Pan Pacific for your limo pick up. There is an elevator, but the hotel does not allow non guest to use it.

Good point about the PAN PACIFIC and the luggage issues. I think I will change the reservation to have them come down and meet us at the cruise level.

As to the store for water etc...I will check on that...there is a 711 across the street from our hotel so that's what we will use.

Now off to eat at White Spot which my kids insist is the best burger/shake they have ever had. I had breakfast today and it was exceptional. I'm actually looking forward to waking up and eating it tomorrow...they must put crack in the food...everyone loved it so much. : )

More later...

Dar...suddenly feeling very hungry...

Archived