Good restaurants open on Mondays in Rome

We are arriving in Rome on a Monday and staying near the Spanish Steps. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant withing easy walking distance that is also open for dinner on a Monday? Many of the recommended restaurants in a lot of the guide books are not open on Mondays! I know by dinner time we are going to be pretty tired and we will just want to make this as easy as possible!

Thanks

We are arriving in Rome on a Monday and staying near the Spanish Steps. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant withing easy walking distance that is also open for dinner on a Monday? Many of the recommended restaurants in a lot of the guide books are not open on Mondays! I know by dinner time we are going to be pretty tired and we will just want to make this as easy as possible!

Thanks

There should be some good one's open on the via Venato right near your hotel,and I am sure the hotel can help you find one.I am not sure what you mean by good thoug..htere are several very $$$$ in the area,and there are some with just plain good food as well.We have eaten at several by the Hotel Excelsior(they are out on the street in AC pods) that were very good,but my favorites are some in and around the P.Navona.

By good food I meant just that. It does not have to be expensive or 4-5 diamond rated! I just don't want to fall into a touristy poor quality restaurant our first night there. On the other hand, we will probably be so tired by dinner time we might not notice if the food is good or awful!;)

Re my other post..most of the places in the area I mentioned were not 5 star...just good food at moderste prices.but I think the prices will be higher this year.You will not have any trouble finding a place to eat in Rome.

As you may be aware, Europeans eat later than many Americans. Few, if any restaurants are open for dinner at 5 pm, and many do not open until 7 or 7:30.

Add to that the arrival day exhaustion factor...We are frequently the first (and sometimes only :p) diners in the restaurant! Plan a late lunch or mid-afternoon snack to hold you over. By day 2, we seem to be in the swing of things and waiting is no problem.

Have a great trip!

I highly recommend Pizza Re, via di Ripetta 14, less than 10 minutes' walk from the Steps. While I stuck to their amazing Napoletano pizzas (meaning the style of pizza, not that it had anchovies and capers), my wife had the fruit of the sea (calimari, octopus, shrimp, I assume) and said it was the freshest and tastiest she'd ever had. Very affordable. If you care more about ambience, the restaurants on Piazza del Popolo have seating outside.

I ate at one of the sidewalk restaurants on Via Veneto -- they're small dining rooms with glass walls in the middle of the sidewalks -- and thought the food was decent, and the ambience/view nice. But that was March, and it was dark, which made it more romantic. Not sure about a bright evening meal.

Archived