Boarding X in SF

emilygrace

Has anyone embarked in San Francisco? Can you tell me if CC staterooms really have priority boarding there? I am familiar with the pier and its shortcomings and someone who works there on embarkation days was telling me that there is no preferential treatment for CC and above. Anybody experience anything different?

Thanks!

We embarked the Infinity in SF in September for an Alaska cruise. At that time I didn't see any priority given to suites or Captains Club members. Priority was given to those with express passes. Officials there didn't even ask about our status or cabin assignment. All they wanted to see was that barcode on an express pass. (which we fortunately had) Everyone else was directed to wait in line.

We boarded Mercury and had a sky suit, there was a priority line. We have boarded ships 4 times out of S.F. and haven't had much of a wait no matter what line we were in.............just get there early if possible.

Thanks for the info. We're planning to get there around 11 am. I always consider that first day part of the cruise too and like to board early. We have our express passes printed out, so we're good to go!

I imagine the "priority boarding" status is more useful in ports like Miami, where it can be overwhelming. We're the only ship in town the day we board, so that should help too.

Archived