Coral World & Magen's Bay Beach

sticklec

Hi,

My husband, 7 year old son, and I are traveling on Carnival Legend on 6/21/06, 7am-6pm. This is our first cruise and first time to the Caribbean. We are so excited!!!

Being that we are 1st time visitors to St. Thomas, we figure that probably doing 2 cruise excursions would be a good way to spend our day and sample the island. I'd like to hear from anybody about their experiences and/or opinions regarding the following excursion:

Coral World & Magen's Bay Beach

Thanks!

Liz

Is this two separate excursions or one? If one, I find that interesting as the two places are on opposite ends (sort of) of the island from each other. My two cents would say to just stick with Coral World. Your son would likely love it, and Coki Beach sits right next door. Changing area (and maybe showers?) are available with Coral World admission. Coki beach is very scenic in it's own right, although not ranked up there in the world's top 10 like Megan's. Limited shade, and it can get crowded. Chairs for rent, but nor sure about umbrellas. Food and drink available. There's great snorkeling just off shore at Coki which may not work for a 7 year old, but know that you can wade in about waist deep or less by the roacks nearest to Coral World, throw out a few bread crumbs (or something), and the fish will come right up to you. CAUTION: I've been flamed before for suggesting the feeding of fish as it's not a "natural" act, but I'll take my chances since you have a 7 year old that would probably go wild seeing this. Enjoy!

Archived