Juneau - Alaska Canopy Tour

kammer

I found a ship excursion for the Alaska Canopy Tour in Juneau that sounds awesome, hi-speed boat, 6x6 vehicle, gold mine, suspension bridge and ziplining. Has anybody done this excursion and what are your thoughts? I've read all the adventures of those doing the Ketchikan excursion, but haven't seen anything about Juneau.

Cruising aboard Vision of the Seas 8/18/06

There shouldn't be any first hand reviews of this tour yet. They're in the final phases of completing construction right now. I can tell you it's the same company that set up and operates the tour in Ketchikan, and they chanced into a nice piece of property at or near the old Treadwell Mine site. Instead of 2 Rain Forest Zipline tours, they opted to go with the mining history and theme here in Juneau.

One of their new boat captains is a nice guy who used to work for Orca Enterprises, so I'm sure the skill level, friendliness and knowledge of the area are top notch!

-Case

Case,

Thanks for the info. I knew I didn't see this excursion listed the first time I looked at RCCL's listings, but I didn't realize exactly how new this was. I'm not cruising until August, so I'm sure there will be some posts by then. Sounds like they are establishing a good team. I'm excited.

Karen

Archived