Beach Clubs near Downtown Playa Del Carmen

Has anyone been to a Beach Club in North Playa Del Carmen? I have heard of one called Mamasitas, But I don't know anything about it...laid back vs very active. Is the beach area nice?

Our ship is stopping in Calica rather than Cozumel and I was thinking of taking a taxi to this beach club in Playa. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Don't want to take an excursion with the cruise line.

Hope this thread may help others who are in a quandry!

Crunch Captain

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to a Beach Club in North Playa Del Carmen? I have heard of one called Mamasitas, But I don't know anything about it...laid back vs very active. Is the beach area nice?

Our ship is stopping in Calica rather than Cozumel and I was thinking of taking a taxi to this beach club in Playa. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Don't want to take an excursion with the cruise line.

Hope this thread may help others who are in a quandry!

Crunch Captain

Mamitas is the cool place to go. Very loungy feel to it with bed type loungers, electronic/lounge music in the background. They have great ceviche and cool beverage that the waiters will bring out to you. Chair cost is $2.00 and an umbrella will cost you $10.00 to have set-up. If you just want to plop on the sand, then there isn´t a charge...only if you want a chair or umbrella. I would not go anywhere else...this place is the best. But be forewarned...all the beaches in Playa, topless sunbathing is the norm. After the beach, you can walk back down 5th Ave. looking at the stores as you go and catch a taxi from downtown (about 10 blocks away from Mamitas).

The beach clubs in PDC differ than the ones in Cozumel being that none have water type toys...no trampolines, kayaks, etc. Just gorgous water and soft sandy beaches.

Archived