Weather

yieyie

Hello -I'm new to this site and thinking about booking NY-Southampton crossing in July this year. I just wondered if any of you have done this crossing and what would the weather be like whilst crossing the atlantic.

Many thanks -great site

Yieyie

QE2, over the years, has had everything from flat calm to hurricane.

QM2 had a force 10 for her first crossing.

Although you are likely to have calmer weather in July, you cannot be certain of anything with the North Altantic.

Hi -

Sorry, this isn't going to be much help... The Atlantic is simply unpredictable. I've recently sailed back-to-back crossings. The first week there were storms (up to force 10, 8 metre seas), the following week was flat calm.

Beth

Remember that the water temperature is quite cold in the Atlantic, so there is always a briskness when you are near an area that is open to the winds. That said, however, if the sun is shining and you are on a protected deck, the temps can be in the 50's and you will be comfortable in light clothing. Heck there were people sunning themselves on the April crossing last year and the temps barely hovered around 48 degrees farenheit.

Archived