Best beach in Belize?

missme2

Hi everyone:

We are cruising in March (4 islands in 7 days). We wanted to just kick back and relax on the beach in Belize (not do any excursions this day). Can somebody recommend a good beach to just hang out, swim, eat, drink, etc. (with 2 kids)? Thanks.

There are no good, close beaches near Belize City. You would either have to take a water taxi to one of the Cayes, book a ship excursion, or book an independent excursion on your own.

The tender drops off at a gated shopping village - not overly impressive but there is a Diamonds International, drug stores that sell things we need prescriptions for but not here and its cheap (i.e. retinol), and of course some souvenier shops. We went cave tubing which was great. Upon our return some of our group stayed outside the gate and bartered with the natives - they got some good deals I guess but I don't think this is known as a shopping port. My advice is to get out of Belize City - the country is beautiful and there is a wide variety of things to do. Just no beaches on the mainland. Check out your cruise lines excursion booklet (most are available online), find something to interest you (ruins, wildlife, snorkeling, cave tubing), and then do an online search for a more reasonable tour. Believe me, I am the queen of cheap and I hated to spend money for an excursion but this is one port where it is worth it. We paid $55 each for cave tubing (the ships excursion was $95) and I feel it was well worth it. Two of our group didn't want to tube so they went through the ship for a wildlife tour and enjoyed that also. Hope this helps. By the way, what ship? If its the NCL Sea then I can give more tips on the other ports also.

We are on RCL Splendour of the Seas. I will have to do more research on excursions in Belize. I just thought because we were doing excursions on all the other islands (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya), it might be nice to take it easy in Belize. Our two girls are going (will be 7 and 12 when we cruise). Many of the excursions I looked into my 7 yr. old won't be old enough to do. Well, back to searching websites.....lol. Thanks again. Your information has definately helped.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Wendy, I would love more info on the cave tubing that is kid friendly? Is there a link, what are the age limits? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

jilines/My advice is to get out of Belize City - the country is beautiful and there is a wide variety of things to do. Just no beaches on the mainland. Check out your cruise lines excursion booklet (most are available online), find something to interest you (ruins, wildlife, snorkeling, cave tubing), and then do an online search for a more reasonable tour. Believe me, I am the queen of cheap and I hated to spend money for an excursion but this is one port where it is worth it. We paid $55 each for cave tubing (the ships excursion was $95) and I feel it was well worth it. Two of our group didn't want to tube so they went through the ship for a wildlife tour and enjoyed that also. Hope this helps. By the way, what ship? If its the NCL Sea then I can give more tips on the other ports also.

We're sailing on the Sea in decemebr. I'd like any info on things you would rcommend. thanks

teacup754 - we went to Dzul Ha in Cozumel, hired Victor Bodden in Roatan (toured the island, iguana farm, snorkeling), cave tubing in Belize, and just made a beach day in Cancun. My e-mail is ljlines@core.com if you have any questions or want more info I'd be glad help.

Archived