Am I able to use my hair dryer in my room???

stitch78

On Carnival Site it says:

There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt and a 220 volt plug. The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

So I can't be in the bathroom when drying my hair, only in the desk area? There is room in these cabins for a desk/vanity?

On the Fantasy, there was one in the bathroom. It was one of those that is underneath the light and you have to plug things in sideways (? upside down?), but it was there.

I actually preferred using the one in the room by the desk. There was a big mirror over the desk and I had a bit more room to move around so it worked out better for me there. And that outlet ran the regular way. I had brought a Glade air freshener/nightlight/extra outlet thing so I had two outlets available instead of one, but since I only needed it for my hairdryer, I didn't really need it.

The bathroom plug (at the base of the cruise line furnished hair dryer) is deliberately limited in capacity to weak appliances like electric razors because they don't want a passenger to drop a high amperage hand-held dryer in the shower or sink and electrocute themselves.

The plug by the desk is 15 amps and works fine, even for "nuclear" dryers, such as the one my wife uses.

(She always has to point hers aft, so the ship won't go in reverse. Talk about "pod propulsion).

The outlets in the bathrooms on all the ships I've been on have a little sign "electric razors only".

The outlet in the cabin near the dresser works fine. I take along a little 3" adaptor (WalMart 79 cents), and it gives me three plugs to use.

Archived