Golf Excursion in Canada

ckpan

Going on Carnival Victory Canada cruise from NY in August. I want to sign my husband and two boys up for the golf excursion at around $110pp. DH is complaining that it is too expensive and he can do it cheaper on his own from the ship. I tried to explain that the price includes transportation to the course and a tour guide and that the piece of mind that there is no danger in the ship leaving you behind if you are running late in getting back from a Carnival run excursion is worth booking with Carnival. What are your thoughts?

Hi ckpan, do you know what golf course it is? Is it in Saint John or Halifax? I live in NB and also golf a round from time to time, If you know the name of the golf course , you could check out the website for the golf course and see how good of a deal it really is.

Hi again , I just checked out the carnival website and noticed they only offer golf in Halifax at Glen Arbour. I have golfed there and it is a great golf course, kept in great condition, and hard as heck to play for a hacker like me , but it was a nice experience.

The August green fees are 150 canadian per person, so I think it would be a great deal if he can get transportation included there for 110 US .

Tell him to have a great time and enjoy himself on the course. Ev

DH and I sailed Carnival this past January and we went on all of the Golf Excursions - Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We booked through Carnival Golf ahead of time (did not know how popular the golfing was - not very on our ship) but it was not necessary.

We had the best time and I would recommend going with the pro on board. They take you off the ship - usually first and get you to your transportation and take you to the course. The carts were waiting for us when we arrived and off we went! The pro's know the courses and are a real pleasure to golf with.

They even took our clubs back to the ship for us while in Grand Cayman so that we could tour the island after.

$110 is quite reasonable!

I'm also a Maritimer who golfs at GA 2 or 3 times/year. You will love this course, and $110 US is not out of line for this course!!

I never book shore excursions through the ship, but I would jump at this one !!

Hope you have a great cruise, as well as a great golf experience;;; and, by the way, if it's overcast ......... bring fly dope! :)

ckpan --- I have golfed at Rockwood Park in Saint John, and I was underwhelmed with the experience !!

There are two much better courses in the area; albeit I'm not aware of your time constraints.

These courses are ---- #1 -- Riverside Golf & Country Club

#2 -- Westfield Golf Club

Riverside is a classy immaculate course, absolutely excellent conditions, and lightning fast greens, but it could be crowded !!

Westfield is a nice course also, good shape, but considerably shorter than Riverside, very friendly staff and members !!

I'm sure that you would have a more enjoyable experience at either of these courses !!

Ev1995 --- Since your from Bathurst, I assume that you golf out of Gowan Brae --- Now there's a superb golf course ----- one of my all-time favourites !! :)

I've lived all over NB (continually following pulpmill business !!), and I presently live in Grand Falls.

Nice hearing from a fellow N.B.'er, who's also a CC'er.

Hi bear, yes I do indeed golf out of Gowan Brae, and have hit quite a few golf courses all over the province.

I see you have cruised a couple of times with Carnival as well. We are presently booked in 2008 on the Miracle and it will be our fourth , all with carnival. We went this spring on the Triumph on March break.

Catch you later.

Ev1995 -- Next winter will be our fourth cruise as well, and like you, all with Carnival. We haven't made our final plans yet, (or should I say 'the boss', (DW), has not told me exactly where & when we are going. ;)

I imagine we will be doing a Southern route, again ---maybe on the Legend again since they've changed their itinerary; but so much depends on our travelling companions !!

Hope you have a great cruise in 07, and who knows,,, we might end up on the same ship !! :)

Best wishes !

Archived