Northern Europe 2007

Hello Everyone!

We are planning a cruise to Northern Europe in summer 2007. I am looking for suggestions on what city to sail from, what are the best ports, and sightseeing suggestions. I would also like to hear of any good experiences with ships. We are looking at Seven Seas Voyager. Also we prefer private vs ship tours. Any info greatly appreciated!

we preferred Copenhagen departure as we didn't want all that sea time from England for instance. we also wanted to spend more time in Copenhagen which we could do pre/post cruise days. We just got back from Star Princess trip and we really enjoyed it. the only thing is, they dock so far from the cities. Holland American seemed to have better docking in the same ports. closer to town. you might check that out.

and yes, there are TONS of suggestions all over these boards for every port that are sooooo helpful. once you know where you're going, just search for each port and you can't believe all the information people have already shared to help you.

Thanks you guys. As far as itinerary I don't know! I just know I want to do a 10 or 12 day. We did a Med. cruise in Oct 04 for 12 days and they flew by! This is our tenth wedding anniversary so we want it to be special. I don't know if anything can top our Med cruise but I hope this one is just as great.

I like the idea of Copenhagen, I don't know much about it but from what I've seen it is beautiful. I think we prefer small quaint towns vs big cities. I guess a little of both is ideal. Sorry to be so vauge I just don't know where to start with this research.

Teri - We did the Norwegian Coastal Voyages 17 day Grand Norway last year and it was one of the best trips we have taken so far. They also have just 12 day round trip sailings from Bergen to Kirkenes and back on their coastal steamers. 15,000 tons and 670 PAX and 34 stops each way.

If you might be interested, email me at thirdparty@tampabay.rr.com and I'll give you more info.

Archived