favorite restaurant in St Paul de Vence?

We are looking for great food and ambience when we visit this village in just a few weeks. Colombe d'or has been mentioned in the guidebooks but recent posts (on sites other than cruisecritic) suggest that the service can be rude and the food unimaginative. We are not food snobs....just looking for a relaxing...delicious experience. We can go on a budget or spend alot if it's worth it. Your thoughts?

We are looking for great food and ambience when we visit this village in just a few weeks. Colombe d'or has been mentioned in the guidebooks but recent posts (on sites other than cruisecritic) suggest that the service can be rude and the food unimaginative. We are not food snobs....just looking for a relaxing...delicious experience. We can go on a budget or spend alot if it's worth it. Your thoughts?

There are quite a few nice places to eat in St.P...I have eaten in several over a few trips there,but names change.I usually check the menu,see if it is busy,and then decide.I have not had a miss yet.Colombe d'Or is right when you come into the area of the village and it used to be a 5 star,but in the past few years it has been hit or miss with a lot of people and yes, it can be pretentious.If one is staying there it may be a different story,but I would not take the time to eat there.Hope this helps a little.

I was at Colombe d'or a few weeks ago with Mrs uk1 and had a memorable meal. Any restaurant staffed by the French is prone to bouts of emotion both positive and negative. You cannot fire a French waiter. That's why we all go to France - out of morbid curiousity to see what happens next.

If the budget were flexible enough and you are laid back go to Colombe d'or.

Jeff

Archived