6/20 Sapphire Princess

Owen

We were on the second sailing of the Sapphire. It was our first cruise, and thanks to CruiseCritic, I knew some of what to expect.

We left our hotel at 10:00a.m, turned in our rental car and was at the cruise terminal by 10:30. We were boarded and in our room by 12:00. Explored the top decks and had lunch in the Horizon court. We had all our luggage and were unpacked by 3:00. The beds are very firm, but I knew enough to ask for the egg crate foam mattress.

Excpet for early morning, the Horizon Court is a mad house. They encourage you to use the hand sanisitizer...several times they were not even out. As far as I know there was no Norwalk virus this sailing.

We enjoyed the Traditional Dining Room and ate at the 6:00p.m. seating. I hope George is your waiter....he is a real professional. I thought the food was wonderful, but I am from a small town in Ohio, and not used to anything fancy.

I enjoyed the shows and Comedians, but there again, we are not used to any night life.

Our room was more than adequate, we were in Caribe 701.

We did not do Princess tours. Bear in mind if your tour is late getting back, they don't wait for you. If you tender to shore as we did in Juneau, you have to beg to get off first if you have an early tour. Fortunately we got off on the first tender.

We had no rain and no cold weather except for Tracy Arm.

Everything was amazing to us...the best vacation we've ever had.

If you get a chance, take a few extra days to see Mt. Saint Helen and Mt. Rainier. They are sights I'll never forget.

Every one was very nice, very helpful and very polite !

Yes, there were lots of children on the ship, but it was not overwhelming.

We were the last ship in port in Juneau, so not sure if Juneau is always tendered or not.

We did not book and future cruises...need to pay for college for one before we can do that.

We definitely want to cruise again.

Archived