Discover Shopping Platinum Passport coupon book

rickwebste

Is anyone familiar with the coupon book "Discover Shopping PLATINUM PASSPORT" ? It is a coupon book for the ports of call (I think it is like an entertainment book but for the cruise lines) Is it only available on cruise ships, or can you order it online? Is it really worth it and how much does it cost? Is it sold on Carnival? Thanks

I'd never head of this but I wanted to learn more - I Googled "Discover Shopping PLATINUM PASSPORT" and almost all the listings were for the coupon books on sale on ebay. People used coupons in the ports they visited and want to sell the rest of the book. The listings have some info on typical coupons, I'd suggest going straight to ebay and searching for more info, whether you'd purchase it there or not. At least you'd have some info to know if its of interest to you.

Marie

I just returned from a Carnival cruise, went to the shopping talk, and the books were not sold. They do sale them on RCI ships as I have bought them in the past. They are $20 and they have several coupons for the different ports that RCI stops at. They used to be a bargain, in my opinion, because you spent the $20 and you got a "free" Del Sol color changing bag that sold for $20 if you bought it at the store. Nice bags to carry to the beach, short trips, etc. That has since changed and you have to buy something at Del Sol to get the bag. Lots of jewelry coupons and some food/drink coupons. It also used to be that you could change your book for a new one without cost when you cruised again. In March 2006 that had been changed and they had the new Platinum book out. I will be cruising again in two weeks and I'm going to see if I can exchange this book for a new one or if they expect you to pay for a whole new book. I won't be buying another one if that's the case. Also, the coupons do have expiration dates (I bought mine in March 06 and they expire 11/06) so be careful buying something on e-bay.

Archived