Mariner 9-05; 1 cabin or 2 with 3 yr old twins

stardreemer75

I posted a few days ago trying to decide on Mariner or Carnival Glory. Our final payment time came and we went ahead and decided on Mariner since we've sailed the last two times on RCCL Voyager class ships and are just creatures of habit. Here is where I stand now with my ?s. Does anybody think it's a must to have connecting cabins just for the kids? We have 3 yr old boy/girl twins and are only thinking of them for napping and bedtime. Also, from reading these boards over and over it seems as if most kids were really happy with Adventure Ocean and am just hoping ours will be too. We've never sailed with them, the last cruise for us was when they were in the belly! Just trying to get some tips, advice, etc of things we might not be thinking of.

Duane & Lynn

Explore of the Seas 5/2002

Voyager of the Seas 4/2001

Disney Wonder 9/2000 *Wedding Cruise*

Disney Wonder 2/2000

Honestly, they're too young to worry about connecting cabins. The best thing to do on the Voyager class ships with toddlers is to book a balcony cabin (D1) or a balcony junior suite (JS - if you want a little more room).

I have seen many posts recently about connecting cabins being moved to opposite ends of the ship away from each other. So in the case of teenagers, that's fine. With toddlers...not so good. :eek:

We always book JS or higher. Then when it comes to nap times, the toddler goes to sleep in the cabin while I retire to the balcony with a book for some well deserved peace and quiet. That's heaven to me :D

And a JS is cheaper than 2 connecting cabins. And I honestly believe it is the best option for parents of toddlers.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely book one D1 for your family. That's the category we always book, and we are a family of 4, with 2 teenaged daughters, and we never felt crowded or wished we had 2 cabins. The additional money is put towards expenditures or another cruise.

I agree with getting a balcony room for the 4 of you. The other option would be to pick 2 rooms side by side (even if not connected) Put dad and one child in one room, you and the other in the second. Nice benefit, 2 bathrooms, more closet/storage space. All 4 of you get a card, then dad holds his card and the child with you, you get yours and the other child so you both have cards for both rooms.

I've done connecting and adjoining cabins. The connecting was the best for us--it was like a 2 BR/2Bath suite. We got our alone time and the kids were able to nap and go to bed when they needed to.

Had adjoining with husband in the other room--hated it because we ended up lying in our rooms alone while the kids slept.

Balcony rooms with my kids for some reason always freaked me out--my son seems to always be "accidentally" getting himself in weird predicaments and I just wasn't comfortable with the balcony. But that's just me and my paranoia so no one needs to assure me how safe balconies really are!!!

We're booked in connecting cabins on the Mariner in Nov.

Archived