Looking for suggestions as to what to do when landing in FLL

gwydiana

I'm flying into FLL on a red-eye flight from San Diego and will be arriving at 7:00 a.m. Since we cannot board the ship until around 1:30pm, I'm unsure as to what to do with myself and all my luggage for that LONG 6.5 hour period of time.

I'll by flying in on USAir first class and I was wondering if there was a first class lounge available for incoming passengers to hang out at.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about while at the airport, but I'd suggest heading over to the Port around 11:00. You'll probably be able to get on board before noon. Shhhh... don't let everyone know. ;-)

Take a taxi the Ireland's Inn on the Beach. For a small fee ($5/10?) you get full access to their private, wonderful, quiet beach complete with lounge chairs. They have an on the beach cafe/bar and an inside bar with restrooms that you are allowed to use (great for changing clothes). There's also a cold water shower outside on the beach where you can rinse off.

When you get there, pull up in front of the hotel and tell the valet you would like a day pass. They are very accomodating. He will direct you to the parking and you are literally steps from the beach.

The food at the cafe is excellent (try their fresh catch of the day sandwich, their burgers are massive and freshly grilled, and the salads are excellent too)! The margaritas are top notch and so is the key lime pie. And the prices are very, very reasonable.

They even have a nice gift shop if you get bored.

You can leave your luggage in the hotel (they'll watch it for you), or you can get a rental car, drive to the hotel, take the rental car back when you're done for the day, and have the rental company shuttle you to the port.

We had a very relaxing day watching the kids play in the ocean while my inlaws and I sat on the balcony of the cafe watching, eating, and drinking!

You can find their website by googling Irelands and Fort Lauderdale.

email me if you have questions: seankaren@bellsouth.net

We have also stayed overnight here and we highly recommend it!

Karen:rolleyes:

I'm flying into FLL on a red-eye flight from San Diego and will be arriving at 7:00 a.m. Since we cannot board the ship until around 1:30pm, I'm unsure as to what to do with myself and all my luggage for that LONG 6.5 hour period of time.

I'll by flying in on USAir first class and I was wondering if there was a first class lounge available for incoming passengers to hang out at.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I hope you can sleep on an Airplane. (If not, it is going to be a very long day.):o

Contact USAir directly and see if they do have a lounge to wait in. You might want to consider flying in the day before and getting a room.

I hope you can sleep on an Airplane. (If not, it is going to be a very long day.):o

Contact USAir directly and see if they do have a lounge to wait in. You might want to consider flying in the day before and getting a room.

I can't get that day off of work :( I'm already taking wayyyy too much time from work to attend this cruise......

The taxi to the hotel/restaurant is a great idea. Calling the Airlines direct is also an awesome suggestion. I've been researching the FLL airport and cannot determine if they even have a lounge or not. Sleeping on the plane is difficult at best.

Guest YesitDonna

Surely don't wait until 1:30 to go to the port. i would get there by 11 at the latest if you have all that time. You will be on before noon for sure.

Las Olas Boulevard is a trendy shopping and eating location not far from either the airport or the port. Cabs about $6-8 each way. Most shops wouldn't open till about 10 a.m., though, but there are nice cafes for an al fresco breakfast/brunch and people-watching.

I don't know about a 1st class lounge at the airport, but they do have a place where you can store your baggage so you don't have to lug it around. It's 5.00 per bag and well worth it if you are going to be stuck at the airport for a few hours....it's in the business area in the main concourse. I'd head to the cruisport early.

Archived