question about the phrase " Exclusive tours"

swmrgrl

I've booked shore excursions for our upcoming fall cruise and am confused about the phrase that shows up prior to the listing of tours.

"Exclusive tours of ____ and surrounding areas are available for purchase at the Shore Excursion Desk."

Does this mean there are more tours you can book privately or does it mean

you can book the tours listed when you come on board?:confused:

I've booked shore excursions for our upcoming fall cruise and am confused about the phrase that shows up prior to the listing of tours.

"Exclusive tours of ____ and surrounding areas are available for purchase at the Shore Excursion Desk."

Does this mean there are more tours you can book privately or does it mean

you can book the tours listed when you come on board?:confused:

I'm pretty sure it means independent drivers / guides. That's what we had to do on the Baltics trip when our day-trip to Moscow was cancelled....we saw the Shore Excursions desk, and they arranged a private driver for us.

We were on that Baltic sailing as well. Wasn't the send off in Warnemunde incredible!

Originally we wanted the Moscow and KGB trip but changed it to something else just prior to our cruise because we thought there might be more red tape than anticipated.

I didn't realize we could get private guides/drivers through Shore excursions. This is the first time I've seen this phrasing when booking tours.

We were on that Baltic sailing as well. Wasn't the send off in Warnemunde incredible!

Originally we wanted the Moscow and KGB trip but changed it to something else just prior to our cruise because we thought there might be more red tape than anticipated.

I didn't realize we could get private guides/drivers through Shore excursions. This is the first time I've seen this phrasing when booking tours.

Hi swmrgrl, yes...we were friends with the people in the AA, and a few other couples in the Courtyards. Heard you offered a tour of the GV, and were sad that we missed it.

Yes...the Shore Ex desk can arrange private drivers. In St. Petersburg, they were $800/day for car & driver & guide. Up to 6 people, I think.

For comparison, we had 3 people with Red October on day 2, and they charged $300 / person...so it was a little cheaper than Red October.

Cheers,

Stephen

Archived