Carnival Calica Beach Break

meelee

Has anyone taken the Calica Beach Break excursion with Carnival at the Pelicanos Beach Club? Was it a nice beach and did it have facilities? Was it close to shopping and restaurants?

Thanks!:)

• 4 weeks later...

we just got back one week ago from our fascination carnival cruise adventure. My husband and I did the Calica Beach Break. Two busses were loaded and headed for the short journey to the beach(sorry dont know the beach name). Our guide Andy on the bus was upbeat, friendly, and so the short journey was good. Once we got off the main street, we pulled in what looked like a alleyway, we noticed laundry hanging in peoples backyards, and the place just looked beaten up. Once getting off the bus, the guide said we were lucky to be the first excursion here, because the next group there won't be any chairs. We were lucky, we got a nice strawded umbrella with two lounge chairs underneath. They rented jetskis there for $60 for a 1/2 hour. But the waters were to rough, and they didn't seem to have any safety areas to go in and come out, the jet ski tour around key west island was $100 for 2 hours and was fantastic. Don't jet ski here, just looked bad, we own our own, and felt this was just a gimmicky over priced thing. The kayaks were going out, but, you had to go through all the people wading in the water, we opted not to do that, looked like a hassle. But, the swing seats at the bar were great, we had a few drinks up there, the bartenders were quick and very nice, we tipped and got extra special service. Some people don't tip, and they don't realize how little these guys make. But, the swings were fun. We ended up taking a stroll down the beach with a great couple we met from new york.

That was really nice. Then we cooled off in the warm waters, great temperture. That was nice. When we got back on the bus, we asked the couple sitting across from us, if they would like to share a cab back to the ship. This was because the bus guide said if anyone would like to be dropped off at playdelcarmen, they would, and then you can take a $10 cab back to boat, he recommend it and said it was very easy. The guide said, its $10, if you have one to four persons, and suggested to share a cab with someone.

Where they dropped us off was great, it was their shopping area and where carlos and charlies is. We had excellent tacos and a couple beers right next to carlos and charlies, a little mom and pop stand, best taco I ever had, I can still taste it,mmmmmmmmmm. We people watched. But, wished we had more time here. I would suggest taking the Shopping/Beach excursion. I haven't been on it. But, they bring you to this shopping district, and then some beach, and I really wish we had time to explore. You enjoy, Playa Del Carmen seemed the place to go, very well kept. Touristy yes, but, the flavor of Mexico truly is there in the venders and people you meet. Happy Sailing!!:)

There's a Carols & Charlies in Playa del Carmen now??? WHERE?WHERE? Did you see much going on or was it just people eating there? We LOVE to go to Carlos & Charlies in Cozumel and would LOVE to find out about this one in Playa since we will be docked there over 12 hours!! WOO HOO now I'm excited even more about my upcoming cruise!!!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived