What time is the orientation for kid's center on Sapphire

cruiseaway

Hi,

We will be on the Sapphire on 7/11. I am the only one in the group with a child, a 10 year old son. What time do they usually have the orintation to the children's center. We want to plan our dinner reservations around the orientation. Thanks.

We will be on the same cruise with grandkids 8, 10, 13 and almost 3.
I have been looking for confirmation of the age breakdown...I seem to
be getting different groupings. Whatever...they will have a ball. We
are in Traditional dining with an early seating of 6:30...so, I would love
to have an answer to your question too. This post will bump it up.

Check your patter (ship's daily program) for the specific times as soon as you get settled in your cabin. I can't remember if the registration time was written in the regular patter or the kid's patter.

I believe one is at 7pm and another one at 8pm. It falls smack in the middle of some dinner reservations. Don't be late, go early, because the door to the kid's area closes promptly after 7pm. They won't let anyone in until the next session (no matter how much you beg, they won't let you in). We got there at 7:04 because I lost my way around the ship and we were locked out until some parents left at 7:35 and unlocked the door on their way out.

It's not much of an orientation. They don't really show you the area. They just make you sign some papers and tell you what the rules are regarding the program, i.e. signing your kids in and out. They gave each child a t-shirt for signing up. There was a color-your-t-shirt event the next day.

It really doesn't matter if you can't make the registration that night. If you go there the next morning, you can get your child registered then as well.

The key is remember to sign up for port days early if you are leaving your child behind on the ship. Usually the spaces for those days go fast.

The breakdown of ages for kids' programs are ages 3-7, 8-12, 13-17.

[url]http://www.princess.com/onboard/answer/kidsprogram.html[/url]

My suggestion is to start ordering your food with your family and friends around 6 or 6:30, then take your child to orientation. It won't take more than 30 minutes, then go back and join your friends for the rest of your meals. It's hard to plan your dinner reservations to match the children's orientation. I had always thought someone should tell the kid's program director to have their orientation right after the muster drill (5pm or so).

My child was very hungry after the orientation. So feed your child something before the orientation. No child can last until 8pm without any food in their stomach no matter how old they are. Even the 8pm registration time means you have to leave your dinner early if you have an early seating. Dinner after 8:30pm is too late for any kids in my opinion. Some younger children's bedtime is 8pm (or earlier), so 8pm orientation/registration is quite late for some kids. I would suggest that you take your child(ren) to the buffet (Horizon Court) around 5:30 that first night and that way even if you have a late dinner (because of the kids' program orientation), it won't bother them too much.

HTH.

Jennifer

Archived