Carnival Liberty Cruises.... Just a Quick Question

kkettle70

My husband and I are booked on the Carnival Freedom for June 30, 2007. We are so excited. I was just wondering what side of the ship we should book our balcony stateroom on. We are currently on the right side of the ship. I just called Carnival and the representative informed me that the left or port side of the ship is usually preferred by passangers for european cruises. He indicated that this is because the ship does a clockwise rotation????? Should I change our balcony room to the port side of the ship? Please Help....

Thanks in advance for all of your help,

Krista

My husband and I are booked on the Carnival Freedom for June 30, 2007. We are so excited. I was just wondering what side of the ship we should book our balcony stateroom on. We are currently on the right side of the ship. I just called Carnival and the representative informed me that the left or port side of the ship is usually preferred by passangers for european cruises. He indicated that this is because the ship does a clockwise rotation????? Should I change our balcony room to the port side of the ship? Please Help....

Thanks in advance for all of your help,

Krista

Hi Krista!

We just came back from the Liberty cruise on 6 July. We had a stateroom on the Starboard side.

First of all, the Liberty sails several miles off shore, and for the most part, you won't see any land while cruising. The exception to this is when you pass Stromboli, which will be on the Port side, but its like a party on the open deck (10th) during that time so you'll probably want to be up there for that passing.

I can tell you that the starboard side is spectacular as you enter Venice; San Marcos is on the Starboard side, and you will have wonderful views of ST Marks as you sail in. We also found the view of Mt Vesuvius to be pretty cool from the starboard side as we sailed nto Naples at sunrise. Finally, the starboard view of Capri is very nice as you leave Naples in the late afternoon - the sun really highlights the colors.

Hope this helps!!

Buddy

Archived