Boarding a Ship in NYC

kikim74

I am interested in the answers to Kims questions and have an additional one: in NYC, do we board near the Intrepid (Piers in the 90s) or there about?

Avast me heartys! This chair be high says I!

Yes pier's 88, 90 or 92.

The pier is right next to the intrepid. The process is as follows: You arrive at pier and hand off your lugguge to a cruise baggage handler then proceed inside to the first line of waiting. On this line they will tell you to get your ID out and tickets along with your Bahamas embarktion card or I would assume whatever country you are stopping in.

From that point you go onto the screening of bags and through metal detectors. Then on to another line for checking in- where they process your credit card and issue you your boarding key that is used for everything on the cruise. Here you will show them your birth certificate or passport.

THEN you take a picture and then onto the ship- took me about an hour from my arrival at 12:30pm- got on at about 1:30pm and rooms were ready at 2:00pm. Hope this helped!

Our recent experience was about the same. We arrived at Grand Central around 12:15 or so, and with a bathroom break at GCT and a taxi ride to the terminal (slightly longer than usual due to a parade), another bathroom break we were in our room by around 1:30 or 1:45.

Archived