Custom air/air travel with RCCL from Boston

We will be on Voyager in February. We have air included, but are being told that Custom Air is not available (it would have been free for my husband and me). There are also no hotels stay available with this cruise. Has anyone flown from Boston recently to Miami with RCCL? Did you fly out the morning of the cruise? Did you have a nonstop flight? Were you and your whole party together (we have 5 in our party)?

I am looking for cheaper flight options from some of the low-cost carriers (we may even drive to NYC or DC), because I don't want to fly out the morning of the cruise with stop overs, but just in case, I thought I would check.

Thanks!!

We always fly out of Boston or Providence, mostly Boston due to the fact more direct flights are available. American Airlines is usualy about the best price that I have found and is always cheeper than RCCL air even with their custom air. Try booking AA direct thru their website or Travelocity. We are flying to Puerto Rico in December, RCCL air was $1,370.00 round trip (non direct flights) for 2 including transfers, I booked with Travelocity for $710.00 round trip American Airlines (direct flights) for 2, cab ride from airport for 2 $17.00

Sounds like it might be that or you may be trying to fly during school vacation week. See what you can do on your own. If you can't find anything, you might just want to take whatever flights RCI can arrange. It may be that they will have to charter a flight to get you to the ship. I know folks who have been in that situation and it has worked out well for them.

How close are you to Manchester, NH or Providence? We always fly Southwest and you can't beat it. Fly to Fort lauderdale and caught a cab it's about a 30 minute ride then we stay at The Raddison Biscanye Bay and the have a shuttle for cheap money to the port. We stayed at The Days Inn once don't do that it was not very nice.

The only thing with SW is that the schedule isn't out yet probally not for a month or two. What about jet blue?

I never use air from RCI as it is always more.

Hope it helps,

Lisa

How close are you to Manchester, NH or Providence? We always fly Southwest and you can't beat it. Fly to Fort lauderdale and caught a cab it's about a 30 minute ride then we stay at The Raddison Biscanye Bay and the have a shuttle for cheap money to the port. We stayed at The Days Inn once don't do that it was not very nice.

The only thing with SW is that the schedule isn't out yet probally not for a month or two. What about jet blue?

I never use air from RCI as it is always more.

Hope it helps,

Lisa

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, especially regarding flights to Florida, but if you are talking about school vacation week in February, all flights will be very pricey, and most seats were taken months ago. A charter flight through the cruiseline might be your best or only alternative. Check out Jet Blue to FLL or SW and Air Tran along with US Airways, American, Delta etc. but be prepared for some sticker shock, if you can even find any availability.

I too was having trouble finding reasonable airfare in Feb from Boston to Miami. I am leaving Feb 3rd for Explorer on the 4th. The 4th is Super Bowl Sunday. I got AA non stop on priceline.com for $322/PP. This was much cheaper than any other site such as travelocity or AA directly. I did not do the name your own price part this was their lowest fare for a block they must hold. AA was 463/pp and several other sites were over 500/pp with connections. You do seem to be leaving during school vaction week, especially in New England. Good luck.

My husband and I went on the Voyager of the Seas last March 4. We booked our air through RCCI. They sent us the itinerary about 1 month or so before and it said we leave Boston at 9:30, stop in Philly for 50 min. and of course we had to change planes and drag our carryons a very long way. and then on to Miami Florida at 2:45pm. I was freaking out that we werent going to make it, but by booking everything through them they got us to the ship on time. they were aware we were on the way. there were a few people on the plane with us that were going too. I did feel very rushed cause as soon as we got to our rooms they called muster. I think next time I would like to go a day ahead. the price was about average for that time of year when we booked. Very rushed. I called them with my concerns about the timing cause of the weather in New England at that time of year and they assured me that even if my flight was delayed cause of weather they would get us to the ship and provide a hotel room while waiting if need be. So the insurance was on the plus side. But like I said we had no control over the flights at all. the first plane was only 4 seats wide and we were only on that for an hour. then had to run to the next plane on the other side of the airport. Once on the ship though, total bliss. Cruise was great!

I would still wait for Southwest check every couple of days Starting in August and everyday towards the end for them to open your dates currently they are flying through Dec 10th. We are crusing Nov 26 this year the Sunday after Thanksgiving and going down Saturday ( this is the busiest flying weekend) and I had no problem. Got the fight I wanted and we are 6 people. The past three time we cruised the week before and flew home that Saturday after Thanksgiving always got the flight I wanted and those times we were 9. You just need to check everyday look at the schedule now so you are prepared when it opens up. Call Southwest ask them when they opened up for FEB last year and you will have an idea within a week or two it may take a call or two as not all are willing to share but most are very informative.

Good Luck.

Archived