Does RCCL give Military Veterans a discount?

Long time lurker, first post.....

I don't think you can post any websites, but you can find military discounts be going to a popular cruise site with the initials VTG, there is a link on the left side of the page.

If you know anything about interline rates, often the military rates are the same as those. Your friends in the travel business should know about interline rates. However, while most cruise lines offer interline rates, fewer offer military rates. If you read this board, it is true that Carnival probably offers the best rates, and has a lot more sailings available than anyone else.

Both RCI and Celebrity offer military rates, but you almost have to be looking for the rates every day. Inside the penalty window is usually best. If you were lucky enough to be able to drop everything, and go to Harwich, you could have scored a balcony for under $1K for the 12 night Northern Europe cruise a couple of weeks ago. It was $3K+ for everyone else. Note, if you book a military rate, I don't think you can combine it with your platinum/diamond discount, and cannot use the cruise air package, but ask, as the rules may have changed.

Carnival Corp offers military discounts on Carnival and HAL, but I have not seen them on their other ships. NCL, MSC and Orient also offer selected discounts.

One last item, I tried to book a military rate with my long time TA, and he could not get the military rate. However, SATO was able to get the rate. Not sure why, but every company has their own rules. And it never hurts to ask! Maybe the rules on that have changed also, as I have not been able to find a cruise lately with a military discount that fits my schedule.

Good luck..............

Archived