Ever wonder about cruise ship bathrooms? Good blog to read here!

She writes a pretty good blog, most people don't realize just how small that cabin/bathroom will be before their first cruise. But, as soon as you settle in, it all works out.

I only wish my small bathrooms at home were as well laid out as the ones onboard ships!

Of course, I also wish there was someone to come and clean it up for me twice a day :)

I'm 5'9" and I had no problem bending and shaving my legs in the shower-

plenty of room for husband to join me

...but not in front of the vanity area....

I read these boards and was afraid of the shower being wa ytoo small

- due to al lthe posts...

No way as bad as it was made out to be...

I can see some bathrooms are worse than others...on other ships...mine was fine...

bernadette

Well I like to add my two cents, the Carnival and NCL ships we've been on have the small bathrooms as described in the article...so it holds true. Princess is a bit more generous and, will see about Royal Caribbean and Cunard shortly... I think the main point is don't be shocked at the size, it isn't like a hotel bathroom...

Nick

I didn't find the bathroom size on our first cruise (on Carnival) to be that small...at the time we lived in a teensy apartment and were used to not being able to share the bathroom. Actually, both of us did get in there at the same time, usually one would shower while the other was brushing teeth or otherwise occupying the vanity area.

As for the shower size and shaving, it does involve some contortions if you're used to having a full shower/tub combo to bathe in. In our new house, our master bath has a (smallish) shower stall only, and I'm far too lazy to shower in the full bathroom on the first floor, so I'm used to shaving in tight quarters. :D

Archived