Baywatch on Orient Beach

Robinob

We were just in St. Maarten and went to Orient Beach. It was beautiful. We ate lunch at Baywatch a small bar/restaurant on the beach. The food was fabulous. The owner is a NJ native who relocated down there years ago. The menu was NJ "down the shore" food. Great food, great friends, great time. It is a must if you are on Orient beach.

We are going back next year!!!!!

Hi Robin:

How are you? Glad that you had an awesome cruise!

Did anyone bother you on the beach selling goods? I've been reading that you may encounter locals selling their stuff.

Are there facilities to shower or change?

Was the water rough to swim in?

Any info. that you could provide me on Orient Beach would be greatly appreciated.

Still trying to figure out what to do in St. Maarten.

Thanks and welcome back!

Did you take a taxi to Orient Beach? If so how much from pier and how long did it take? Are there chairs, umbrellas, etc? What about jetskis or parasailing?

A cab with at least 4 people will run $5-6 per person from the pier to Orient. Have the driver drop you off at Pedros which is 100 ft. from Baywatch. Each part of Orient has it's own beach bar which rents chairs, umbrellas, etc. Baywatch is close to the end of the beach and the Club Orient area, which has no beach vendors and no clothing on many of the sunworshippers. If that bothers you, after eating at Baywatch and its great collection of authentic NJ street signs, head up the beach away from Pedros and Baywatch and pick out a beach section, each beach bar uses a different color for its chairs. I don't remember Baywatch having chairs.

There are jetskies and parasailing from this part of the beach.

At the end of the day just head back to the area behind Pedros where the cabbies hang out to get a return trip to the ship. Allow 30 minutes MINIMUM to get a cab and return to the ship (which means 45 for a safety factor minimum) This does not allow trinket shopping time in P-Burg.

Have fun and if you do decide to go it the Club O way, put strong sunblock on those bodyparts that don't normally see the sun. They have no built-up sun protection from previous tanning time. And the Sun will bounce off the sand and go thru the webbing on the chair and the beach towels you should be sitting on with no bathing suits and leave you an interesting and painful pattern on your rear end.:eek:

Hi Robin:

How are you? Glad that you had an awesome cruise!

Did anyone bother you on the beach selling goods? I've been reading that you may encounter locals selling their stuff.

Are there facilities to shower or change?

Was the water rough to swim in?

Any info. that you could provide me on Orient Beach would be greatly appreciated.

Still trying to figure out what to do in St. Maarten.

Thanks and welcome back!

There are vendors all over the beach except for the Club O portion.

Changing facilities depends on the section. With Club O don't need a changing room.

The current flows diagonally across the beach from south to north. Water can be rough depending on ocean activity. There is a barrier reef at Club O which calms the water down.

There is a large flea market behind Baywatch selling beach stuff, etc

Easy to spend the whole day here.

Trish...We are fine and had a great time. Your questions were answered by other posters. We made the mistake of doing an excursion to Orient beach. No need to do that. Kathi and her family took the cabs and had no problem. There were vendors but they really didn't bother you once you said no. Nothing like Haiti and Jamaica.

There are chairs to rent at Baywatch. Nominal fee. Not as much nudity as I expected. It was a fantastic beach day.

Have fun!

Hi all - we are also going to hang at Orient Beach for probably last 1/2 of day. We just need place to rent a lounger, nearby bar/food, maybe even hear some tunes, that's about it. I see that Baywatch area sounds nice. What's the Bikini Beach Bar area like? Other good spots? We just want to tell the driver where to drop us off at.

thanks

mbr

Archived