Best viewing areas on Summit?

laura1960

Leaving Aug. 5 for a Summit cruise to Alaska, and the weather looks a tad dicey at this point - cold and showery. We don't have a balcony cabin. Where's a good place to hang out and look at the passing scenery aside from the deck? (I'm sure we'll be on the deck as much as we can, especially if there's wildlife/glaciers around), but where's a good place to just kick back and look at the amazing scenery passing by? Some place with large windows, hopefully where we can sip a hot beverage? Are there chairs/sofas by the windows?

Thanks!

Laura

If you do not want to be outside, there is absolutely no question as to the best viewing site. Go to the top deck forward. There is a large bar with huge glass observation windows that look out on three sides called Revelations. They have lots of nice chairs too. But, you must go up there early as the seats get filled fast.

A second choice would be to go to the Rendezvous lounge and sit by the windows along the side. These chairs are quite comfy.

If you don't mind going outside but just want to stay out of the rain, the promenade deck can be nice - but it can get REALLY COLD!!!!

I do like to go "up top" outside forward and watch. I know it can get quite cold but there is something to be said about seeing the sky above you. We were lucky on Infinity in May and we had beautiful weather to see Hubbard Glacier. I hope you get lucky too.

Deck 10 on both sides by the pool and by the T-pool has windows and every other one slides open (great for taking picture or using binoculars). Padded deck chairs and small tables by the pool. Tables an chairs by the T-pool. Beverages at the Aqua spa cafe at times.

Be sure to check out the buffet seating areas on deck 10 also. Very good view and near the coffee, tea, and food (at times).

Also the bar/patio at rear of deck 10 is partially covered and has tables and chairs and a great view. Beverages inside sliding doors.

Archived