Shuttles for NCL Dream?

Does anyone know of the different ports where the Dream docks on Baltic Cruising? I have read for example that sometimes the Dream docks at Nynashamn in Stockholm and yet sometimes they are in Stadsgarten. Can anyone help with the different transportations you can take ie bus number etc as I had planned on going on our own to tour these cities. Doesn't NCL at least provide shuttles for each port? Or are they just selecting to provide shuttles for some ports only? If this is the case, wouldn't it be better then to purchase shuttle tickets for each port as you cannot be sure of which port the ship will dock into at least you know you will definitely have transportation? Thanks for any info. :)

Does anyone know of the different ports where the Dream docks on Baltic Cruising? I have read for example that sometimes the Dream docks at Nynashamn in Stockholm and yet sometimes they are in Stadsgarten. Can anyone help with the different transportations you can take ie bus number etc as I had planned on going on our own to tour these cities. Doesn't NCL at least provide shuttles for each port? Or are they just selecting to provide shuttles for some ports only? If this is the case, wouldn't it be better then to purchase shuttle tickets for each port as you cannot be sure of which port the ship will dock into at least you know you will definitely have transportation? Thanks for any info. :)

The Dream never used to make port at Nynäshamn, but after reading another post from a recent Dream cruiser I am not so sure. In the past the Dream always docked at either Stadsgården or Frihamnen. What a crying shame if NCL starts using Nyashämn. From Stadsgården you can easily walk to the Old Town from Frihamnen you might need a shuttle, or you can take a public bus or taxi.

Sorry, I don't know what NCL's shuttle bus policy is.

Enjoy your stay

Al

After some investigation it seems that the Norwegian Dream docking at Nynäshamn was a "one time" thing. I have no idea why, but thankfully the rest of the season's Dreamers will get to experience the archipelago and dock near the city center.

According to the Stockholm port authority:

August 11 - Frihamnen

August 23 - Frihamnen

Sept. 4th - Stadsgården (easy walk to Old Town)

Sept. 16th - Stadsgården

Enjoy

Al

Guest LetMeGo

Hi, and welcome to Helsinki! :D

At last in Helsinki the NCL Dream docks at the same spot every time, and there are shuttle buses available to take you the two miles into the city centre... If the shuttle bus costs too much for yout liking (I have no idea about the arrangements), there is also a public bus which goes to the centre.

We were on the 28th June sailing and the only port where there was a shuttle bus was Helsinki - this was put on by the city not NCL the cost of a return ticket was US$8 (single US$5) If I remember correctly the last shuttle back was 3.30pm but personally I would go for the one before. Someone did walk it and said it took 45 mins.

Warnemunde is a short walk - although on our trip we docked in Rostock seaport but there were plenty of taxis. Tallinn is a 10/15 min walk to the old town, Stockholm was 15/20 min walk to Royal Palace. Not sure about Copenhagen as we only did the canal cruise but the city hop on/off bus has a stop opposite the berth.

Sue G

Guest LetMeGo
We were on the 28th June sailing and the only port where there was a shuttle bus was Helsinki - this was put on by the city not NCL the cost of a return ticket was US$8 (single US$5)

Thanks for the clarification. :cool:

Like I said earlier, you can walk a few hundred yards further and take the public bus #16, and buy a 24h ticket for the local buses and trams for 6€ (just under $8).

The other bus which leaves from the same stop (14B) goes reasonably close to the Parliament house, if you wish to start your tour in that area. Alternatively you can exit at the Viisikulma stop, and change for the tourist tram 3(T) which will take you to most of the sights in Helsinki.

Archived