PG Anniversary Celebration

smbblack

For those of you who have sailed on the PG in celebration of your anniversary what exactly was the special recognition they did for you on board? Was it done at a particular port of call?

Thank you in advance for any info. We're trying to work out our excursion schedule and it would help to know when they do the special recognition for anniversaries/honeymooners. We don't want to miss a thing!

When we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary onboard the PG they brought a small cake and two glasses of champagne to our cabin on the day of our anniversary. They also had a cocktail party for all couples onboard who were celebrating anniversaries. This was held at sunset while the ship was anchored off Bora Bora. They had a Tahitian blessing ceremony for any couples that wanted to participate and they took pictures of each couple. It was lovely and I still have that photo up in my house four years later. I don't know if anything has changed since then.

sundial,

Thank you for the quick response. We will actually be in Bora Bora on our anniversary and have signed up for the "Sunset Cruise". I was afraid there might be a conflict as I thought I read somewhere else a reference to the anniversary recognition happening while in Bora Bora and now you've confirmed it for me. Oh well... can't be in two places at the same time so we'll have to choose. The anniversary recognition they do sounds lovely....

We were on the PG in late June, and it was exactly as Sundial mentioned. Our only difference was, along with the anniversary cake they delivered to the room, we received a full bottle of champagne (which we had paid for prior to the trip as part of an "Anniversary Package" that Regent offers).

The sunset cocktail party/blessing is NOT to be missed. That was one of the most enjoyable evenings I can ever remember. Lots of us were misty-eyed!

(which we had paid for prior to the trip as part of an "Anniversary Package" that Regent offers).

Kristen,

Where can we find info on the "Anniversary Package" offered? We asked our TA if there was anything available and was only told about the blessing ceremony. There is no reference to a special package on the RSSC website that we can find.

Thanks for the info.

We were there in July. It was just as everyone mentioned above....No need to purchase a "special pkg"....just have TA notify them of the special occasion. I think ours was while in Bora Bora, 1st. night. You can always check when you board...and cancel the catamarran then...it would be done prior to the cut off date. The party was great and felt very special with the "blessing". One couple there was celebrating their 64th!! They were incredible. So, don't miss it.

Carol

In 2004 it was on day two at Bora Bora but last year it was on day one at Bora Bora. Carol's advise is good. Book your sunset cruise and then when you can confirm the date of the anniversary party cancel the cruise excursion before the penalty time kicks in the day before.

BTW, I think the reason this is always done at Bora Bora is the ship is in such a lovely location for the best sunsets in that lagoon. That, plus Bora Bora is the definition of romantic location for so many of us.

Archived