NOS or MOS?

lorenna

Traveling in sept/06: 3 adults and 1 child, hubby(29), mom(58), daughter(3) and me(29)..JS

I was trying to get on Freedom but while I was searching the forums, the only 2 JS not booked, went off...

I'm still considering wait to see if something appears for the FOS...what do u think?

Hi Lorenna,

Sailed on the Mariner (eastern Caribbean) in June '04 with husband and son (then 14). It was our first cruise, and we loved every moment. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary aboard. Maybe it was just beginners luck, but we had a fabulous time.

Booked the same class of cabin on the Navigator (western Caribbean) this past June. We celebrated our son's Confirmation and 16th birthday as well as my husband's 50th. We didn't think we could match our first experience, but I feel that we actually topped it! Can't say enough about it. The Navigator is slightly older but wasn't noticeably so to us. We liked the decor a bit more than the Mariner, but both are beautiful ships. I think you'd have a wonderful time on either. The layout, cabins, etc. are the same.

It's wonderful having a larger cabin, just in terms of not constantly bumping into each other! The bathroom was quite spacious and includes a full tub. When you book a GS, you are also entitled to concierge service. The concierge can get you tickets to the ice show (so you don't have to stand in line), help you with shore excursions, spa/restaurant reservations, etc. It's a wonderful benefit.

We have booked the Liberty for June 08, and will do the GS again. We will then be celebrating our son's HS graduation as well as my 50th. It's my understanding that all of the cabins on this class of ship will be generally larger than the Voyager class. We feel that as long as we have 3 bodies in the cabin, we'll go for the GS. Once my husband and I can travel without being locked into a school schedule, we'd probably do just fine with a nice balcony cabin or a JS. But I have to tell you, we'd miss the concierge! We've been spoiled.

I have sailed the Navigator twice and love the ship.

Here are some things to consider between the two.

Both are only one year apart in age with the Navigator being one year older.

Navigator leaves from Miami on Saturday and the Mariner leaves from Pt. Canaveral on Sunday. For me I like having the extra weekend day to get home and rest before going back to work plus I like sailing out of Miami much better than Pt. Canaveral. More to do in Miami and sailing out of the port is much nicer than the scenery at PC.

Check the itineraries too and see if one is different than the other. I know that the eastern Caribbean is slightly different with the Navigator having four port of calls.

Archived