Zipline canopy Rotan vs Belize

CAcruzfunatic

Jetskier..

do you know which two zipline companies ? and how do they compare?

I have promised my family that on our Dec cruise we could go do this..however I am REALLY scared of heights!I thought I could overcome this but would love some info about how high up these are and how strenous ..

Thanks !!

Jetskier..

do you know which two zipline companies ? and how do they compare?

I have promised my family that on our Dec cruise we could go do this..however I am REALLY scared of heights!I thought I could overcome this but would love some info about how high up these are and how strenous ..

Thanks !!

We did the one near Tabyana Beach. It was part of the Zipline/Beach excursion. You have about 13 stations to go down. Some are short and others long. Most of the stations are platforms about 30-45 feet up in the trees. You in a harness that is then attached to the cable. You use your gloved hand to slow yourself down. There are two people overseeing your safety. We had an elderly couple do this tour with us because their grandchildren told them they were too old to do it. Also the second to last station, they will let you do it upside down if you are brave enough.

It was not all that strenous but definitely bring the bug spray. I have not done the second zipline company as we went scuba diving on our second trip to Roatan.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Actually there are three...

One towards the middle of the island and two near West Bay (where you will want to end up at the beach afterward).

One is at www.gumbalimbapark.com

and the other is on the road as you head to Gumbalimba/West Bay. The "other" I think just takes walk-ups and the Gumbalimba one id offered through most of the cruise lines. Sometimes there are packages like seeing the park and canopy or maybe ride the canopy and then take the bus to Tabyana.

Archived