QM2 Deck 11?

Texwell

Karie, you're the best! ;)

You have the most interesting posts and obviously have led a very interesting life. I thoroughly loved the story about the original Queen Mary and her last radio transmission before signing off at Long Beach. Where do you get this stuff?

Thank you for all the info. Enjoy your Labor Day cruise!

Sincerely,

Karie' date=' you're the best! ;) [/font']

You have the most interesting posts and obviously have led a very interesting life. I thoroughly loved the story about the original Queen Mary and her last radio transmission before signing off at Long Beach. Where do you get this stuff?

Thank you for all the info. Enjoy your Labor Day cruise!

Sincerely,

Believe it or not, I got it here! I think I read a post with some reference to the original Queen before their meet in Long Beach earlier this year. You kknow who it is surfing the net. One thing leads to another and you follow the links through. A Dutch friend of mine who was working over here (teaching our Nokia switch to us in Cingular) taught me the phrase "google it!") I had a question about a telcommunications protocol. The kind you might find in books of several hundred dollars. He said, Google it! Lo and behold, There was may answer! Sometimes I find such fascinating things I just have to bookmark them and go back!

Another strange coincidence! (Must be CAP week!) Last weekend I got an email from a former CAP friend in FLA I had not talked to in thirty years. He was catching me up on all of the old gang. Tonite, I got an email from the fellow that used to make my heart go pitty pat in High School (Jr and Sr High) and who looked MIGHTY good in dress blues. He was a Captain, and once at a CAP formal banquet, carried me out to the end of the diving board at the Desert Inn in Daytona (where the banquet was held) I was in a lovely lime green evening gown, he in his dress Blues. I could have died in his arms right then and there! <sigh> Ah, the innocence of High School days! I probably don't want to know what he looks like now- Either he's fat and bald (Like I'm some kind of Miss America, right?) and POP! There goes the fantasy, Or he's just as gorgeous as always, and it will make me wistful and wantful (repeat 100 times. I love Marc, I love Marc, I love Marc! <LOL>)

Ah, If we could only be young NOW when we could appreciate it more! <LOL> (Not to worry,, He went into the Air Force, moved to Colorado, married and had Lord only knows how many kids!<G>)

Karie,

Who thinks others lead quite interesting lives too! Goodness, Johnstown Floods (the second ones) CAP, Hams! Y'all lead some interesting lives too!

BTW, The flooding this year- Did that reach where you are? I was very sad looking at some of my old haunts in Binghamton and Endwell New york. (Before we moved to Florida in 65 for the Apollo Program- Dad was with GE, and after I was born in Chattanooga TN- Dad was in the TVA)

Can't wait for another interesting experience. I can't tell you how many times I have heard lately that Halifax, and Nova Scotia in general are marvelous! I've never been there!

DH and I are Canasta and Pinochle players and having our cabin on Deck 11 is going to very hand for us on the QM2 World Cruise, since the Atlantic Club card room is also on Deck 11.:p

Even though it will be a trek from the cabin to the card room, I'm going to tell myself that walking the walk will allow me to have that thoroughly yummy dessert at dinner.;) Does anyone else going on the QM2 World Cruise like to play Canasta or Pinochle?

Cheers,

Just read a post from someone who was on the Labor Day cruise and they said their cabin was on Deck 11 and was very quiet--away from all the noise and hubbub on the lower decks.

Guess that is a pretty good endorsement for Deck 11.

Ciao for now' date='[/font']:D

Oh yeah.

TL! Our cabin was relatively amidship. the officers cabins were forward of ours on deck eleven. I am assuiming they don't prefer to live in noisy surroundings where they would get no sleep. And of course, disembarkation day is when I went looking for the observation deck. And discovered if I had gone all the way forward on deck eleven (Which I assumed were private suite entrances, but were actually meeting rooms and the scenic elevators to seven deck off on either side,) well, I would have gotten to the scenic elevators and the observation deck!

Oh, BTW, I could use some of that therapy your husband provides. I am feeling very down. No pillow mints last night, no Commodore Club, and I had to get or make my own damn dinner tonight. No myriad courses, and no luxurient sevice. I am feeling particluarly deproved today (or is that depraved... I always mix those two up. <EG>)

Karie,

who is Always one or the other!

Anybody needing advice because of 'cruise withdrawal' can post here and Randy will do what he can to suggest ways to combat the 'pain' of having to deal with the waiter-less and room steward-less world!:(

:eek: ! Randy just told me there is only ONE remedy--book another cruise! That way, you'll have another adventure to look forward to and your outlook will be instantly brighter.:p

LOL:D ,

Anybody needing advice because of 'cruise withdrawal' can post here and Randy will do what he can to suggest ways to combat the 'pain' of having to deal with the waiter-less and room steward-less world!:(

:eek: ! Randy just told me there is only ONE remedy--book another cruise! That way' date=' you'll have another adventure to look forward to and your outlook will be instantly brighter.:p [/font']

LOL:D ,

In Randy's infinite wisdom, can he think of a way for me to AFFORD to book another cruise... both time and money... without having to BE one of those waiters or stewards? <G>

Karie,

Who partied with a psychiatric nurse tonight. Maybe I should have asked her how to deal with Post Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome!

Just wanting to 'burp' the board.

My last post didn't show up on the board' date=' AND the thread didn't move up either. Need to 'burp' the baby, I guess.;) [/font']

Gee, Mary. This only seems to happen with your posts. Have you seen somebody about this? <LOL>

Karie

Sniffling about her grief over the loss of her sea-legs <SNIFF>

Just wanting to 'burp' the board.

My last post didn't show up on the board' date=' AND the thread didn't move up either. Need to 'burp' the baby, I guess.;) [/font']

Gee, Mary. This only seems to happen with your posts. Have you seen somebody about this? <LOL>

Karie

Sniffling about her grief over the loss of her sea-legs <SNIFF>

Archived