Help!! Airfare Lowered Question???

PattyMichael

We purchased air fare with Celebrity, used custom request with our capitans club. Got goo flights. This was over 7 months ago. 2 round trip tickets LAX to AMS was $2,438. Now I went on their web site the air is down to $1,300.

Is it possibale to get a refund. We sail 9/2. Would we be able to get the same flights? Or we out of luck?

Do you mean that the cruise air portion has dropped to $1,300, if so then most likely no you can't get the drop in price because it is probably for new bookings only.

If you mean the airline's price itself has dropped, then once again no, because the price you could buy those tickets for with the airline has no bearings on the price the cruiseline pays for the tickets.

I agree with everything wrp96 said, however, the cruise line may have been acting as a travel agent. Typically, in the case of airfare drops when you book directly with the airline or with a TA, you can get a credit for the difference. Another thing the airlines don't really tell you, but I've managed to get credits for airfare drops in the past. Depends on the fare code you purchase too.

If you've got a reservation or confirmation or ticket number for the airline, call them directly and explain the drop in price and ask for a credit for the difference. Worst they can say is no.

TWO THINGS:

1. You booked air deviation. Often times the cost is more than standard cruise air. You are booked as a regular airline pax-dates, times, airline all done far in advance.

A cruise air pax-whatever flights/seats the airline has left over 30 days pre cruise flies at the cruise line contracted rate. You take your chances on airline, times and connections.

2. I just looked at your cruise on X website. It is not close to being sold out. There are even FV cabins available at this late date (no discount, though) and those almost always go fast.

What probably happened-X is stuck with cabins and pre contracted airline tickets. So to fill the ship, they are probably offering air at a heavily discounted price. This is probably only for new bookings to fill the ship.

A phone call to X AIR/SEA dept (not Customer Service) certainly wouldn't hurt. But don't hold your breath.

Archived