Roll Call - Enchantment of the Seas 9/7/06

xterracub

Hey Schplinky,

To bad you and your partner won't be on the cruise, you both look like you can have a lot of fun. My first cruise was in May on HAL Oosterdam to Alaska and it was a blast! we got a sweet deal on a suite and the scenery was AWSOME! You have to do it. Since then I am hooked! I booked this RCCL cruise with my best buddy, and now have also booked a cruise on the Monarch for Oct 23rd 2006 and am going by myself for that one. Seems like RCCL doesn't screw single travelers on price as much as some of the others.

Ron.

There wasn't a Dorothy meeting but we didn't request one, either. We didn't see any family, that we could tell.

I'm glad you liked Osterdam. We're going on Westerdam in January. We only found out after we booked that there are also two groups on board. The first is a christian music "festival" of about 200. I've chatted with some of them in the roll call and they were very friendly even after I told them we're gay. I was pleasantly surprised at how unpreachy they were.

The other group is a group of about 200 gay men, which is organised through a travel agency. They had great rates but they didn't have any balconies left by the time we booked.

Should be some interesting people watching to see if these two groups interact.

We took our first cruise last year on Navigator and were blown away by how much we loved it.

The Oosterdam was a beautiful ship though I don't have any comparisons yet. I did like the traditional cruising atmosphere that HAL portrays. The clientele was quite a bit older, but HAL is trying to get more younger cruisers to there markets. There was 2 Dorothy meetings, but they both happened during either port time or during the late dinner seatings, and both not untill the last 2 days of the cruise.

Sounds like your cruise will be just one big Dorothy cruise:D . I didn't realize it when I booked, but the stop in Key West is right in the middle of womens week. This ought to be interesting :eek:

Ron.

Archived