Train From Monte Carlo to NICE?

Liz1973

I was in Nice last September and took a bus to and from Monte Carlo. It was actually public transportation and took about a half hour and was only about $7-8. I used the public buses in Nice pretty extensively during the week I was there and they were very convenient. I'm pretty sure that there was also a train, but didn't use it. Sorry that I don't have a link, but you should be able to google it pretty easily. Hope this helps....

Was in Monaco a few years ago and took the train to Nice. The train station was located a few blocks from our hotel, which was located on the water ( where all the yachts are anchored) It was pretty easy to get the info because the trains run frequently. Was a nice view from the train . Sorry I can't remember anything else or have any links for you.

Have fun!

The train station is not a far walk from the Marina in Monte Carlo. When we were on the Noordam several years ago, we took the train to Nice. At that time you couldn't use the self service ticket kiosks without a local credit card, but could purchase tickets from the ticket windows upstairs. The scenery is spectacular! Sit on the left hand side of the train. Once in Nice, we took a taxi to Old Nice, where they hold the huge daily market. It would be a long hike, and we wanted to save our energy for the more intersting sights. There is so much to see in Old Nice. The daily market is held everyday but Monday, when it becomes a huge antique and flea market. It is fun to walk on the beach, which is actually smooth stones instead of sand. If you need a break from the heat or a clean restroom, take a walk through the Hotel Negresco. The chandelier in the lobby is a huge Baccarat creation. The huge hill is called the Chateau and you can take an elevator to the top for a few Euros. Have lunch at a sidewalk cafe, and take a stroll around the marina.

Then, when it was time for us to return to Monte Carlo, we walked to the bus station. It is a short walk from Old Nice. Where the buses park, there will be boards posting the destinations. You buy your ticket from the driver when the coach arrives. You will see different scenery on the return route, so sit on the right hand side. It was a perfect day in the Cote d' Azur!

Steve

I don't have the train schedule (you can probably find it with a Google search) but here is the bus schedule. The Lower Corniche bus runs more frequently, but the Upper is much better for scenic viewing. It's only forty minutes from Monte Carlo to Nice.

http://www.eze-riviera.com/emotions/deplacement/ang/bus.htm

Here are the visitor web sites for Nice and Monte Carlo:

http://www.nicetourism.com/GB/som.html

http://www.visitmonaco.com/index.cfm

Archived