Princess/TWE brides with "Ashore" Weddings

NYgirl23

Hi, there seems to be so many wedding reviews from brides doing the on-board weddings, all of which have been fantastic. I am hoping to hear from any brides who have chosen to get married ashore at a beach location, preferably using The Wedding Experinece with Princess.

We have about 45 guests coming with us on the cruise, and we booked an ashore wedding in St. Thomas. Some questions I have which maybe someone could help answer a few!....

~Which beach did you marry on? Was it semi-private or were there lots of tourists/other weddings around?

~What was the setup on the beach? Chairs/decorations?

~How did they deal with the transportation issue- getting your guests to the wedding location and back? I think its $20 p/p for transportation, but it really kills me to pay $1000 for this if there is a more reasonable way.

~How did you plan your time right after the ceremony? I think if its early we might have some drinks on the beach, and then just have everyone meet up for the formal reception at dinner (we would like to book Sabatini's for the dinner reception)

~Can you give any information on the photographer? Did they just take pics at the wedding, or did they come shoot at the reception also?

~Overall, how was your coordinator on board and at the wedding site? One of the girls from TWE told me that there is a coordinator on the boat but a different one that will meet you on the island for the wedding.

Any information that any beach brides can give would be so helpful. TYIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, we were orignially planning to to the whole "ashore" thing through TWE, but I got the feeling that they were not going to be able to pull off my dream wedding.

My post will be SUPER long, so if you just want to email me I can give you all the details. My email address is zigandmichele@yahoo.com

To sum it up, we ended up going with a planner in Jamaica and are saving over 2K. We have about 40-50 guests and are getting a professional photographer who is originally from the US. Anyway, email me, I think it will be helpful.

Archived