Star Princess - Easy to get off and on the ship?

Hello Fellow cruisers:

I'm in the middle of planning, thus all these questions!

1) We will be staying right next to the Central Station in Copenhagen for pre-cruise. Is it easy/do-able to take the train to where Star Princess docks? And which dock for the matter?

2) Once onboard is it easy to get back out to town and look around before the ship leaves in the evening? Are buses/trains frequent and readily available.

We would prefer to take the bus or train because of our tight budget. Thank you all in advance.

It's doable I guess but it will be hard with all your luggage. I think the stop you would need to get off is Nordport or something close to that. Check out a map of all the stops and you will see it. The ship docks at the Freeport Terminal which is actually further away from the city center.

If you are on a tight budget like you say you are, just watch what you spend in Copenhagen and in Oslo as these two cities are the most expensive. We found that Gdansk was the most reasonable. I walked into a general store there and a bottle of coke was only a buck!!

Yes you can take a train or a bus to the Port and catch the Star Princess. We did both as an experiment. The bus actually gets you closer but it's still a 4-5 block walk from the bus stop and further from the train stop.

We also stayed near Central station and one morning a couple of us hopped a bus and rode out there. You have to make crystal clear which port you are going to since most ships dock elsewhere.

I did an extensive review of our journey and discussed this including some maps as well. Check here for more info:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19697

Thank you for the information.

I've done some extensive research last night and there was conflicting information on the actual bus that'll stop close to the Freeport. There was #26 and #29 (According to the map). Does the bus actually let you bring your luggages on the bus? I know in most cities I've been, we couldn't do that.

Also, I did find out, it's Freeport. I wished I save the link.. it has up to date info on the exact ship.

Archived