MS Amsterdam on Dec. 19

2 Golf Addicts

We're two "golf addicts" from Miami, Florida, going on this cruise to the Panama Canal...actually, irrelevant whether we like golf or not, but thought we'd mention it...maybe there is another couple (60'ies) who's also interested in golf, tennis, and the arts, and dancing, and just a plethora of other interests. Since we'll be on the ship for two weeks, over Christmas and New Year's it could be fun to have the metaphorical holiday drink together.

Anyone else with useful advice/ideas for this particular cruise?

Oh dear, we haven't answered your post so far. We can't have that happen:)

I will sail on the Amsterdam just before you do. I promise to take good care of the ship.

I have to wonder if you'll meet some passengers who share your interests when you attend the Captain's Reception. That always seems to happen to us.

A few times we were seated, quite by chance, with people who happened to live near our hometown.

Do enjoy those metaphorical, or better yet, those actual glasses of holiday cheer.

The Veendam's holiday decorations were spectacular last year. I am looking forward to seeing the Amsterdam all decked out.

We're two "golf addicts" from Miami, Florida, going on this cruise to the Panama Canal...actually, irrelevant whether we like golf or not, but thought we'd mention it...maybe there is another couple (60'ies) who's also interested in golf, tennis, and the arts, and dancing, and just a plethora of other interests. Since we'll be on the ship for two weeks, over Christmas and New Year's it could be fun to have the metaphorical holiday drink together.

If you don't find someone on this board ... or on your roll call ... to enjoy some golf outings with, I would mention your interest to the cruise director. Perhaps he will know of others onboard who are golfers ... or perhaps he can organize a golfers meet and greet one afternoon early in the cruise. This way you'd have a forum in which to meet and could plan some golf outings together if you so choose.

Blue skies ...

--rita

....Well, we will be on this cruise with you. We are in our 40s and don't play golf or much tennis anymore. However, we'd be happy to toast the New Year in with you. There is a roll call for this cruise, and perhaps you might find congenial like-minded people over there as we approach our departure date. I have to admit that my husband and I are rather geeky introverts, but we are always interested in new experiences, and a trip to the Southern/Western Caribbean and the Panama Canal constitutes a new experience for us.:) Here is the roll call link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=266458

Here's to a wonderful Holiday cruise!

I just did a quick check of the ms Amsterdam on the Roll Call board and couldn't find anything there posted for your cruise, so I would suggest that you go there and start a thread, saying just what you have posted here. I think that you will find a lot of people who will be cruising with you and will be happy to find people with similar interests.

Have a wonderful cruise. The Panama Canal cruise is one of my favorite cruises, and the ms Amsterdam is one of my favorite ships.

Have a wonderful cruise and I hope that you find many new friends aboard.

Valerie:)

p.s. Be sure to keep the ms Amsterdam "ship-shape and Bristol Fashion" since I will be boarding her January 15th, 2007 for a long anticipated cruise to some truly exotic ports!:D

I just did a quick check of the ms Amsterdam on the Roll Call board and couldn't find anything there posted for your cruise, so I would suggest that you go there and start a thread, saying just what you have posted here.

Hi Valerie:

As you can see from my post just above yours(we must have posted simultaneously), there is actually a roll call for this cruise. Too bad we couldn't be onboard with you:(. If there's anything you think I should know about Amsterdam, I'm more than willing to learn about it!

Karin

Hi again,

I'm sorry, I was apparently posting at the same time as MOM (middle-aged mom) and I did not find the thread for your cruise. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful cruise and I do envy you in that I'm not going to be aboard also.

Archived