Bonine available on QM2?

Johnsy81

Anyone happen to know if bonine is available on board through the purser's desk or medical office? Apparently, some cruise lines provide it free of charge and some don't. Thanks for your help.

I only remember Dramamine or the generic equivalent. I'd bring it along if you think you might need it, at least it doesn't take up much space. I doubt you will feel much motion but there is always that chance.

Karen

I only remember Dramamine or the generic equivalent. I'd bring it along if you think you might need it, at least it doesn't take up much space. I doubt you will feel much motion but there is always that chance.

Karen

Thanks for your reply. Whatever the ship offers will work fine should DH need something. He sometimes gets "queasy" but it happens more on the longer voyages. Last time we were on QM2 he felt bad enough that he went down to the medical office to get "the shot"...worked like a charm.

Jo, Tell John not to worry! We're going to keep him so dizzy he won't even notice the Mal de mer!

Trust me!

One week and a wake up!

OMG!!!!!

When am I going to pack!:eek::eek::eek:

Karie,

Who NEVER waits til the last minute to pacl! Even for only four days!

P.S. Where is the old girl right now? Nasty weather here in CT today- Not sure if this was from Tropical Storm Debby or not. Was drenched to the bone going from one office to another to another. Only salvation, was I happened to have T-shirt in my computer bag from training I went to a couple of weeks ago - gift from the vendor. So I at least could put that dry t-shirt (Which I NEVER wear) on over my soaking wet bra! Oh well! I hope this isn't preparation for next weekend! It's supposed to be nice, but.....

Yes they do sell them at the purser's I believe, but they are overpriced. Just bring some with you. Afterall, this medication has to be taken before any symptoms arise, so it is better to have them at the ready and educate yourself about pending sea conditions. I asked the moment I came aboard last time, and they informed me that rough sea conditions were expected within 24 hours. I just started taking them then, so I would already have the medication in my system.

Heah Karie...glad to hear you have plans to keep my guy dizzy (in a good way, of course). It's odd that he doesn't get motion sickness in a car, train or plane, and can go on the more horrifying roller coasters without blinking an eye. I suspect that it's not the motion sickness that gets him on the cruise but more the thought that he'll have to eat my cooking once we get home:rolleyes:. Last time we were on QM2, he and one of our wonderful dinner companions (a Brit also named John) participated in the karaoke in Golden Lion Pub...after a couple of drinks, John is game for anything (forewarned is forearmed)! Me, I like to watch:D!

Pisces - thanks for the tip about checking with the purser on expected sea conditions. And I will plan on picking up some bonine before we board next Saturday.

Archived