Parking a motorhome at Long Beach cruise terminal parking lot

itzkaren

OK...not to bug everyone.......I've posted this is 3 places......this seems to be the most "active" board!!!

Instead of packing all 6 of us in our van......with 2 tons of luggage on top........we have decided to drive our motorhome to Long Beach (8 hour drive)....we have reservations to stay in a motel near the pier.

My question........has anyone ever parked a motorhome at the pier parking lot? I know that cars are $10 a day, and we would expect to pay more due to the size......just wonder if there's space and if it's allowed. We won't be "camping" there....just leaving our vehicle there during the cruise.....and leaving the day we return.

THANKS in advance for the info.....maybe I should try to get the phone number of the pier parking lot and ask......I'll wait to see what the experts here say!

Hours to go......and I have SO MUCH to do! :eek:

itzkaren

You might already have this info, but If not, here ya go :) It was on the carnival website

How Do I Get to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal?spacer.gif

ADDRESS: 231 Windsor Way

Long Beach, CA 90802

Travel Time: 23 miles from Los Angeles International Airport; travel time is approximately 50 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

Traveling from the Los Angeles area (north) -

• Take the 405 Freeway south.
  • Take the 710 Freeway south.
  • Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.
  • At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Carnival Cruise terminal.
  • Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

Traveling from the San Diego area (south)

• Take I-5 north.
  • Take the 405 Freeway north.
  • Take the 710 Freeway south.
  • Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.
  • At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Carnival Cruise terminal.
  • Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

PARKING: $10.00 per day (rates subject to change by Port Authority)

• 5-Story, 1450 space parking garage
  • Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.
  • Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; major credit cards.
  • No advance reservations required.
  • Oversized vehicles will be charged per parking space.
  • Due to height restrictions in the garage, RV's may have to utilize the adjacent outdoor parking facilities.

spacer.gif

Solo,

Thanks so much........I did go back and look at some info I had printed earlier.......and there it was!!! You know....when the time gets close....just starting to get a little anxious......and it was a bit of a challenge to get hubby to agree to drive the motorhome to Long Beach.....he says it will take 5 times more gas than the van..........but, heh...we'll all be 5 times more comfortable! And...more room to bring things home!

Again......thanks for the response.....now I have to get started on the laundry brigade and start packing!!!

itzkaren

Solo,

Thanks so much........I did go back and look at some info I had printed earlier.......and there it was!!! You know....when the time gets close....just starting to get a little anxious......and it was a bit of a challenge to get hubby to agree to drive the motorhome to Long Beach.....he says it will take 5 times more gas than the van..........but, heh...we'll all be 5 times more comfortable! And...more room to bring things home!

Again......thanks for the response.....now I have to get started on the laundry brigade and start packing!!!

itzkaren

You are welcome! Im curious what kind of Motorhome do you have? Thats my dream :).

Hi Solo.

We have a 31' Fleetwood Storm motorhome. It's a V10.....not a diesel. We love it....but may be putting it on the market....we bought it a little over a year ago....and have only put 5,000 miles on it......we have been on 2 three-day trips....and the big one...a 26-night road trip last July! That was wonderful. Hubby and myself, and then 16 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter. Amazingly....we all got along (just the usual amount of "shut ups" were verbalized with the kids)......and a few of the things I enjoyed the most:

1) We were together....just us......no outside stresses of work, phone, school

2) Life becomes very "simple"....you have a finite amount of space for food, clothing, and other belongings.....and it's amazing just how little we can get by with.

3) We became fans of Wal-Mart! We went to Wal-Marts in 5 different states.....kind of embarassing to say how much "fun" we had in those super stores...but we live in a rural community.....and the closest Wal-Mart is 40 minutes away. Husband and son would grab a cart and go find fishing things they "needed"....and daughter and I scanned the clearance racks....found tank tops on clearance for $1 each for her!

4) Getting there is half the fun......I'm a California girl....and have only seen hay in a rectangle bale.....until we drove through Idaho and I saw huge rolls of hay!

5) Our country has lots to offer....and the people are great! If you treat people nicely....they're usually nice in return. We live in central California....and our route consisted of driving to the Grand Teton National Park...then on to Yellowstone....then up to Mt Rushmore, then back through the Rocky Mountain National Parks....down through Arizona to the Grand Canyon......over Hoover Dam (big security check there, esp with motorhome...they came inside to inspect).....after Hoover Dam....we went to Las Vegas....and ended up in Disneyland for 4 nights. So we actually spent 22 nights in the motorhome.....and spent the last 4 nights at the Disneyland Hotel.

My husband drove the whole way.....we just kept him stocked up with diet Pepsi, water, beef jerkey and red licorice. I read 5 books...the kids slept, read, played game boy, etc.....

Oh...back to your original question....the motorhome has a bedroom in the back with a queen size bed....and a slide out....so that you can actually walk all around the bed...there is a closet with sliding mirrored doors...and cabinet storage above the bed. There is a shower...and separate room for toilet and sink. The kitchen has a microwave, gas stove top and oven. Double sink...and small but adequate counter space. There is a dinette...that folds into a full size bed (daughter slept there) and a couch.....that pulls down to a bigger bed. There are 3 "captains" chairs...the drivers, front passenger, and another one behind the passenger. There is a slide out by the couch....so when we're stopped....there's plenty of room with the slide outs.

Our son just graduated from high school......and starting college...our daughter will be starting junior high.....I think for the next 6 years or so.....most of our vacations will be cruises...or flying to Hawaii...or similar....I think that trip last summer was a once in a lifetime..especially with the kids. So, we will probably put the motorhome up for sale when we return. It's in perfect condition....we are very careful....always have throw rugs on the carpet....towels on the seat cushions, etc...and no smoking or pets.

But...when the kids are on their own....and hubby and I have more free time....I look forward to traveling way again....I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the time. But to have the motorhome parked for 300 days a year....that monthly payment just doesn't make sense. I could have paid for this upcoming cruise with the amount of money we spent on the payments for a motorhome we didn't use all year.

Well....that's a very long explanation to your question....but hope it helps! At least we can take in on one last "voyage" to transport us to our cruise destination.!

Take care....back to laundry and packing for me! We leave Saturday morning for the drive to Long Beach....and now it's way after midnight on Thursday!

One week from today......we should be at our 2nd formal night of the cruise!! I got some pretty cute black strappy sandals to wear with a very pretty dress...can't wait!!!

itzkaren

Archived