Anyone booked fishing excursion through RCI?

Mdseagull

My Dh and Dad want to do the deep sea fishing, since there is only 2 of them a 1/2 day charter is 200/pp. The ship's is 139/pp. How many people do they put on the boat? Do you catch fish? Also we are there from 10-7 ship time which I think is 9-6 port time. Midday fishing is not good around here and I wondered if that made a difference. Thanks!

My Dh and Dad want to do the deep sea fishing, since there is only 2 of them a 1/2 day charter is 200/pp. The ship's is 139/pp. How many people do they put on the boat? Do you catch fish? Also we are there from 10-7 ship time which I think is 9-6 port time. Midday fishing is not good around here and I wondered if that made a difference. Thanks!

Typically the lines use Angler's Fleet which is operated by Sand Dollar Sports. They sell up to six spots on a boat. Generally speaking deep sea fishing is done with five lines in tow, so the more people the fewer chances of a personal catching experience. Mid day fishing is usually pretty good. Warm water and weather are considered good for salt water fishing in the western Caribbean.

There are a number of operators in Cozumel, but you are right, the individual cost will be about $200 each if they go on a private charter, but sometimes the experience is worth the cost.

Archived