Bike Tour on Water Island??

cruisin240

Islander-

I am curious about the bike tour, if it is a good tour, how strenous it might be. I did email the tour company but never got a response. Just wondering if this is worth investigating further. I am understanding the island is pretty secluded but sounds like snorkeling is not the greatest. Is this statement pretty true?

Thanks for your help

Just got off of the Disney Wonder yesterday and did the Water Island Mountain Bike tour the other day and it's one of the best I've ever done from a cruise ship!

You get picked up from the ship pier for a short boat ride out to Water Island. There you bus up to the highest point on the island for a quick look around and pictures (bring your camera . . . The view is amazing!). Then they match you up with your bike and off you go.

Mostly down hill but the roads are a little rough. 1 or 2 short up hill spots that give you a good workout. If things get a little to physical for you they follow along with the truck that can cary you and your bike down the hills.

Then, at the end, is the best part of the trip in my opinion . . . The beach stop!!! You're there for 30-45 min and perfect is an understatement! Then it's back to the ship.

Archived