Just got our cruise documents and have some questions

alibee

Our cruise documents just arrived for our Voyager Baltics cruise. We had booked a D cabin guarantee because at the time there were only guarantees available. Our actual assignment turns out to be on Deck 10 at the back of the ship near the C cabins. I am very concerned about the vibrations I have been reading about. Does anyone know if being on Deck 10 makes the sensation less noticeable? Has anyone ever had any success in calling RSSC and getting them to change their cabin?

Also, the documents do not say how many informal and casual nights there will be. It only stats that there is one formanl night. Has anyone been on this cruise who can tell how many many of each type of night there will be?

Finally does anyone know if you can use your own laptop on board to access the internet? I need to know for business purposes and the crusie documents are silent on this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend insight.

alibee, on my last cruise on the Voyager, I had the same concern, and was able to change my cabin to a more mid-ship location after I boarded. However, I think the ship was sailing only about 60% full. I would think the Baltics would be more full. Perhaps if you get on the ship early enough this will be possible. I did tour one of the C cabins on a sea day (on deck 7 or 8) and honestly didn't notice a vibration, and the seas were a bit choppy that day. There are definitely varying opinions from those who have had cabins aft.

Editing to answer your question on dress code. On our cruise in June (France, Portugal and Spain) we had 11 nights, all three sea days were formal. The rest of the nights were cc casual, except for one informal. You can count on the first and last night being casual, usually the night of the "Captain's Reception is the formal night. If you are in port late, I would count on casual those nights as well. I tend to dress the same on both casual and informal nights, so I'm ready for whatever they tell me.

We just completed the crusie---I must say wonderful. Don't know about the laptop because we left everything at home. However, plan on 3 nights where you, as the gentleman, MUST wear a jacket, no tie necessary. The lady must be nice----definitely no jeans, shorts or ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE. Otherwise you are ok. We enjoyed doing hor'dovers(really bad spelling) in the room on the balacony. What a joy!!!

I hope you enjoy yourselves as we did. A truly wonderful experience.

Karen

Accessing your laptop with your own internet is possible, but not always available. It is not advertised as available because (a) you cant depend on it and (b) you have to have the internet person on board be knowledgable enough to do this for you and if there are too many wanting it then there is a problem here as well. So technically the answer is no but it can be done.

It is on a case by case basis and you cant go expecting this will work.

Formal nights on a one week. ONE - the second night out will be formal the Captains formal welcome. Then informal and casual are split. Informal means jacket for men but no ties required. They dont state the number of each informal and casual as it can vary from ship to ship and week to week. The ship can make this determination based on the actual cruise.

This is the problem with guarantees. You do get what is left. Sometimes you luck out with a nice upgrade but also what is left is usually not the prime mid ship cabins as these sell. There is a vibration at the back how much it bothers you depends on you and the seas. Some find it very disconcerting others dont care at all. You can always try to see if RSSC will change the cabin but a guarantee is that - a guarantee of "a cabin" you do not get to select that cabin. Seldom will they change ahead but you may have more luck once you board the ship. People often cancel at the last minute and they will change you if there is availability.

Archived