review thomson celebration

seabourndt

here is my review of the 1 night cruise from harwich to southampton.

i booked a single outside \cabin but found that i did not find out my cabin number until check in so paid £30 to pick my cabin.

i travelled to harwich fromlondon on the train arrived at harwich intl at 12.30hrs.after check-in got my cruise ticket and boarded \the ship straight away. after telling them my cabin number i was shown to the lift but then had to find my cabin 724 on deck 2. the cabin was quite large for a single a large double bed art the end where the 1 porthole was so had to clamber over the bed to see out the window. after unpacking i asked if there was a lifeboat drill? there was not. i made my way to the vlido restaurant for lunch, there was a \long queue for the buffet finally i managed to get something but it was a bit of a rabble to be honest. a couple sat next to me then totally ignored me. i went outside to explore, as we were leaving at 1630hrs i nmade my way up on deck. we left on time only to return minutes later as a marriage party were still on the dock having an accident on their journey. after them getting on board. the other cruiseship OCEAN MAJESTY left before us somewhat smaller than us. it was quite windy on deck force 4-5 was forecast. i went to the rear after we left to see a live band playing who were very good. there were no shops open on board which was a shae to see what souvenirs bthey had. dinner was 1800-2130 go in anytime so i went in at 1830, there \was nobody to show me to my seat so i picked one myself by the window. after i started ordering and 4 people sat on my table much nicer and friendly ones that in th buffet. i had a cheese puff, not what i asked for? then chilled cantaloupe soup,very nice,duck l'orange and baked alaska. a lot of birthdays the singing was very strange to others on other ships, the baked alaska was paraded which was good. after dinner i made my way to the show which was ventian night a very mixed lot of songs song serious,arias,and a \lot of fast loud disco songs that was a good mix. unfortunatly i was seated by the stage and the sound out the speakers was really too loud!! i do like to go to a lounge to smoke a cigar after but the only place was v used as a game show so i had it outside on the deck watching us pass dover. after a sleep was woken up to ask me to pay my bill. after breakfast i left at 0800hrs very quick disembarkation then straight on a taxi to the station.

A GOOD INTRODUCTION TO THOMSON CRUISE ASS \IAM DOING ANOTHER LONGER ONE ON THE DESTINY LATER IN THE YEAR.

i quite enjoyed it,

dave

Archived